Three things not to bring to outdoor car shows

PG409

Supporting Member
Leave your fancy "sign board" at home in your shop or keep it for the judged
indoor ISCA shows !!!

Leave your "sorry" doll under the sundeck or in a neighbourhood dumpster......

Leave all the trophies you won in your laundryroom or in the shop.....not
spread out all over in front of your ride....I think some guys slip some bowling trophies in there as well just to get all that glitter.............:):)

Things to take to a car show:

your car

your lawnchair

your good attitude.......

LOL, but only 3 things?? How about leaving the new 2014 Camaros, Mustangs and Challengers at home too:)

I vote for leaving the lawn chair at home and walk around, talk to everyone. :)

leave your dog and your bike at home to... and that big steel belt buckle....and that logging chain tied to your wallet.... and that stroller[ you know the one you just MUST] jam in between the cars and other people]

Last edited:
last fall i organized an end of summer 'return to rust' evening cruise. it was not about sitting and looking at cars but driving them. the rules were simple. obey all traffic laws, leave your beer and cell phones at home. meet on the street at 6pm and cruise till 8pm. there is a 15 minute 'curcuit loop' in my town. some cars went northbound, some went south. i asked for classic cars, trucks and bikes. we had about 40 vehcles show up, it was a blast. i advertised for three days before the event on Facebook, the local radio station and emails. random citizens gathered in groups on the side of the road to cheer us on. the cops joined in for a while. everyone was respectful of the traffic laws and there was no trouble. i did get some criticism from non car owners about wanting us to stop so they could view the cars, i told them they were missing the point. this was not a car show, this was a car cruise for the car owners that spent time, money and effort to build these vehicles. this was our chance to get together and use our toys the way they were ment to be. on the street.
i'm gonna do anotherone this spring....

Leave the dogs at home and please stick around the car so some of us interested guys can ask questions.

fractures in both hands an d feet , fractured left temporal bone . 2 banged up discs in neck , 3 banged up discs in back , 1 fractured vertebrae. prone to muscle spasms cramps related to sciatica in back of left leg , but as getting older , get them in right leg now .
So Yea I take chairs for me an the ol lady , she,s 58 an works two part time jobs from 7 or 8 am to 1 or 2 pm , then 2nd job from 3 or 4 pm till 9 pm .
If were gonna be at a show more then 3- 4 hrs , we both gotta sit down for 10 15 minutes .
But we don,t show up , park the car then park our selves .
I,ll walk just about every event we go to completely
Thank God , for Canadian Club an Percocets ha ha .
But I don't care what any one brings to a show , but those crying dolls , man they just make owning a 12 gauge pump righteous ..77.

So let me see if I understand this so far. You shouldn't have a sign that may provide information to someone who is interested in your vehicle but you should hang around your vehicle so you can answer questions about it because of course you have no sign with any info on it, also when you are around your vehicle you shouldn't have a lawn chair because you should be out walking the show and not hanging around your vehicle. Is that about right?:confused::D

Well fellas, the sign boards I refer to are the glossy plastic units that need
a tripod to sit on. Nothing wrong with the organizers cardboard window deal.

Went to a show in a small community near here a few years back. They insisted I had to be in a certain class.....after considerable discussion, I simply put "No Class" on their window card. They also insisted the car be judged and to leave a door ajar and hood open. Davey Jo and I convinced all our buds to close the doors and hoods til the judges went by........I never went back there.......

As to lawn chairs......at age 72 I do actually need to sit down once in a while to regroup....nothing to be ashamed of there......

It's usually the spectators that bring their dogs....good comment to them is we don't bring our cars to your dog shows so why bring yours to ours? Love dogs but in their place!

I'd be happy just to have a car in an outdoor show, let alone an indoor one .... and I'd have an info card too, as I'm proud of my ride.
And I'd get there early enough to find shade so I CAN sit in my lawn chair and enjoy the day, maybe even sneak a wobbly pop to go with my corndogs as a the day unfolds.
As for the Cry Babies ... throw those outdated outcasts in the garbage, they're just plain stupid anyway.
And by all means leave your pets at home where it's cool and stress free.
There's nothing worse than seeing a dog dying of thirst or the owner who doesn't pick up after the dog has done it's duty.
I don't mind if you bring your kids and strollers, because after all it's a family affair... but please take them down the lanes and not between the vehicles.
Also watch your kids .. do not let them climb on running boards if a vehicle is so equipped .. if the kid wants to look inside .. pick him/her up to look.
After all, you wouldn't want me clinging on your ride with my sticky ice cream and mustard stained fingers.
Gold chainers and rhinestone buckled cowboys .. be respectfully and watch where your jewelry is hanging.

Last edited:
I can see how this might be a sensitive subject :D

I've attened many car shows and weekly cruises and the majority of people are pretty good about not touching the cars. However, in recent years I've started to notice an increase in the number of these motorized wheelchairs and baby strollers . I've seen a few instances of a motorized wheelchair squeezing between 2 cars with about an inch on both sides. I know the owners of the cars were on edge.

Nobody wants to appear "insensitive" by chasing off the handicapped or elderly. But at the same time.... who wants to risk getting their car scratched and then have to chase after the person.

I've seen where people are actually roping their vehicles off, so you can't get within scratching distance, but can still see inside or look at the engine.
This does take up more room then a vehicle needs, which in turn causes a shortage of available space for everyone, means less vehicles attending.