more new car fees?

30sx

just checking out new cars online, seen something new, ADVERTISING FEES!.. this to go along with all the other fees they hit you with..eco...pdi..air con ...administrative..tire..bla bla bla:(

There is nothing written in law that states you have to pay the overhead costs of any car dealer,
other than the taxes, and even that can be negotiated into the sale price.
If they ( the car lot ) wish to make a sale, it's going to be under the terms I negotiate and agree upon.... simple fact.
And when they ask for a deposit in good faith, so they can present your offer to the sales manager,
don't give in to that BS tactic either, it's another way of trapping you into something you may decide later you don't want.
Tell them you will pay the offer in full when the price has be approved by the sales manager, or simply walk out.
I refused to pay all the added dealer fees othey tagged onto the final price on a truck I was looking at, so I started for the door,
the salesman stopped me and said, I guess I'll pay them out of my commission,
I said I guess you will, even though I knew that was another BS tactic by the salesman to make me feel bad.

Last edited:
I love that part when they have to leave the meeting to get approval from the manager. I think the next time I will leave right behind him and go to all the other sales people and loudly ask who can beat the first one's price for the sale....

Russ