Rivision at Tradex

Nice ride alright, but do they have to actually drive them in the car park to be able to claim the prize or was that just an add on bonus for the photographers carl.

JF builds them to drive them, unlike many other show cars that are just that....show cars, never to be driven.

I'm amazed he didn't light up the tires.....

John, that video shoot was back in Canada at the Tradex Show in Abbotsford BC.
But in aspect to the Detroit Autorama Ridler Award the cars have to be functional.

Last edited:
John, that video shoot was back in Canada at the Tradex Show in Abbotsford BC.
But in aspect to the Detroit Autorama Ridler Award the cars have to be functional.

But `functional` can be interpreted in different ways. It could be considered functional if it starts and moves under its own power 10 feet. That would be a far difference from driving it on our highways on a cruise for a 500 km trip and be totally legal under the BC motor vehicle act.

Russ

The guy driving the mid 60's chev pickup I'm sure is a writer for the Vancouver sun paper.
Maybe he's going to be doing a feature on it in the driving section in Fridays paper.

Randy

............I'm amazed he didn't light up the tires.....

Now that would just be moronic:)

Truly a beautiful car and nice to see such a prestigious award come to an obviously talented Canadian builder.

I had the honor of working on Rivision the 2 weeks before it went to Detroit. Great crew at JF's,,,,,, I fit right in. We're looking forward to the Jalopies show in June at Osoyoos to see it again.

file:///C:/Users/Fergus%20R/Downloads/SCN_20140425083258_001%20JFs%20car.pdf