Three things not to bring to outdoor car shows

EDITED:

They have nothing else to do and they don't like talking to people as they are too busy waxing and a polishin'.
And they do this at every show, maybe trying to get a trophy?

You nailed it!!
And 9 times out of 10 if you look under there car you'll see more leaks and rust than the Titanic had!!

Axeually on the leave car trailer at home , just being mean quote .
I took my 70.s looking , muraled up Gremlin drag car to one of our local cruises , trailered it , parked way off in corner of the lot , unloaded and put it into a spot and wandered off . Walking back threw the show , eaves dropped some people looking at my car , and two guys I thought about mid fifties were looking at it . one says , its a pretty cool little car , then the other says oh yea but he trailered it !!! then they went to next car .
I just shook my head , couldn,t believe it . Its very obviously a drag car and not a street car . It does have a plate on the back but its plastic an says CANADA . ha ha ..77.

Dude!! We don't have bugs, puddles maybe!!
A little touch up is ok but not the full detail job. Like the new coat of wax and the new fangled portable power polisher!!

You have a point about the bugs :) . I guess I was remembering my Alberta days.

One of the first shows I went to there was some water crossing the road. Someone watering their lawn or something. Didn't have anything with me to clean it. Since then I always have water-less car wash or detailer with me. But of course the major work is done before leaving the house.

Its very obviously a drag car and not a street car .

That's exactly why I said "Just being mean" Your example is why in some cases a trailer may be needed. There are others like infirm owners who just cant operate their cars on the street anymore.

my version of an on topic response;

Don't bring;

1. Your car trailer (just me being mean)
2. your mantlepiece attitude, (if your car should be treated as a mantlepiece collectable, leave it there. It doesn't even belong on the road)
3. Your Narcissism, this show isn't about you or your car, it's about three communities coming together, the car owners, the spectators, and often a cause they've gathered to support

Things to take;

1. willingness to share, your experiences, your passion, your interests.
2. willingness to inform and educate and learn, whether etiquette, or car specific.
3. a propensity to having a good time, however you define it.
Oil
I've got a car that fits into the "don't bring" mantelpiece section. But they do have roped of sections for concours restored cars at some of the shows, so I can feel confident that no ones going to screw with it while I'm away from it.

Here is my final thoughts.

I entered my first outdoor car show in mid summer 1960.(Nineteen Sixty)

It was on the parking ramp in New Westminster, BC and was a BCHRA
deal.

Since then, I have been to a "few"..........I can honestly say I have "seen it all"....and more.

Caught a kid about 6 years old who jumped on the running board of my Model
A and then proceeded to walk up the fender. When I gave him shit, his mother
said "just ignore that man, you just got caught, that's all".....I hollered back
"what kind of logic is that to teach a youngster?"

I have seen the power parkers, the guy who left mad because he did not win anything....wives stuffing ballot boxes....guys who keyed cars....show offs doing burnouts after the deal almost hitting pedestrians......

there is more, but WTH.:)

Let's have fun this summer........

Here is my final thoughts.

I entered my first outdoor car show in mid summer 1960.(Nineteen Sixty)

It was on the parking ramp in New Westminster, BC and was a BCHRA
deal.

Since then, I have been to a "few"..........I can honestly say I have "seen it all"....and more.

Caught a kid about 6 years old who jumped on the running board of my Model
A and then proceeded to walk up the fender. When I gave him shit, his mother
said "just ignore that man, you just got caught, that's all".....I hollered back
"what kind of logic is that to teach a youngster?"

I have seen the power parkers, the guy who left mad because he did not win anything....wives stuffing ballot boxes....guys who keyed cars....show offs doing burnouts after the deal almost hitting pedestrians......

there is more, but WTH.:)

Let's have fun this summer........
I can relate to all of the above ..thinking 1960 I was in grade 11 but already into my 3rd car/MC & had done a fill in on the Headliner while the Hillmanator/Buicator? was away!! ..Nyberg still has a copy.. groan!!! Not an issue that I'm proud of despite the gestetner issues. Whatever, agreed to a fun summer. If I can get the '35 together I'll be at Ashcroft which should be a pretty good place to meet/greet & if not then maybe Sleepy Hollow. Fathers Day is down south likely in a family sedan.

A bunch of PG guys (BCHRA members) are going to 100 Mile House on
July 12/13 ....maybe see ya there...

If i can work it, I'll do it! Somewhere along the line we must have met as we're same era.

This thread just accentuates everything that is wrong with the hobby today. Don't do this, don't do that, car shows and cruise nights have become brutal. The attitudes just suck, they are not really fun anymore. My life revolves around this hobby and I haven't been to a cruise in almost 2 years. The overall attitudes make it almost unbearable. I'll never stop building trucks/cars or driving the piss out of them but I don't see too many shows in my future. It's all about the smile factor:)

I gotta say....the hobby has gone downhill in recent years, I think a lot of it is guys who have bought or paid someone else to build their cars, the ones I've dealt with seem to have an entitlement issue. They think because they've spent a lot of money, somehow their car is just a little better than the car next to them. These guys are closet rodders, always looked in the magazine dept wishing they could have what they see, someone croaks, they get some cash and buy their way in, as an example, a friend built a really nice roadster, sold it, I ran across it last year and talked to the new owner, who, by the way, obviously decided I wasn't in his social circle and talked down to me about building his car, something he was sure I wouldn't understand. After he was done, I asked if he knew my friend, asked him detailed info on the chassis, which I built, then told him what he had and who did the work.
Now this is not to say that our hobby is going to crap, it isn't, there are more young guys and girls interested than ever before, some of them building some pretty fine cars. I really like the whole rockabilly thing, my cars have always been built in that style, good solid, fast hot rods. They generally are a friendly, easy going crowd, happy to share and learn from us older folk.
So...if you get the power parker in the lawn chair saving the spot for his bud, ignore him, seek out the younger set, enjoy the cruise or show, its still all good.

last fall i organized an end of summer 'return to rust' evening cruise. it was not about sitting and looking at cars but driving them. the rules were simple. obey all traffic laws, leave your beer and cell phones at home. meet on the street at 6pm and cruise till 8pm. there is a 15 minute 'curcuit loop' in my town. some cars went northbound, some went south. i asked for classic cars, trucks and bikes. we had about 40 vehcles show up, it was a blast. i advertised for three days before the event on Facebook, the local radio station and emails. random citizens gathered in groups on the side of the road to cheer us on. the cops joined in for a while. everyone was respectful of the traffic laws and there was no trouble. i did get some criticism from non car owners about wanting us to stop so they could view the cars, i told them they were missing the point. this was not a car show, this was a car cruise for the car owners that spent time, money and effort to build these vehicles. this was our chance to get together and use our toys the way they were ment to be. on the street.
i'm gonna do anotherone this spring....

I like this idea ---or a poker run ---get out! get cruising ! car shows --can take em or leave em. I would think if the spectators with their dogs-kids-scooters etc etc are that much of a concern.........don't attend imo

speaking of keying cars ... I know a guy who had his freshly painted Candy Apple Red
( not barn red as some wannabe shmoos thing candy apple is )
'56 T-Bird keyed around the entire car, WTF is that all about, feckin' jealous a-holes.

LOL, but only 3 things?? How about leaving the new 2014 Camaros, Mustangs and Challengers at home too:)

2014 Camaros and Challengers probably leave in your garage covered up out of site... but Mustangs...oh yeah for sure bring them all....after all it is the only car known as The Legend!!:D

Dammmm ...I forgot to put this in . Have you ever been at a cruise nite , and get in your car an start to leave , like say you been there an hour or so . The people next to you say oh are you leaving an you say oh just gonna go fer a cruise . We,ll be back later . Then they give you the homer simpson , all astonished look , but you,ll loose your parking spot . That cracks me up every time ha ha ..77.

Dammmm ...I forgot to put this in . Have you ever been at a cruise nite , and get in your car an start to leave , like say you been there an hour or so . The people next to you say oh are you leaving an you say oh just gonna go fer a cruise . We,ll be back later . Then they give you the homer simpson , all astonished look , but you,ll loose your parking spot . That cracks me up every time ha ha ..77.

That is the good thing about the CanadianRodder tours 77, it is all about cruising.