Anyone headed to viva Las Vegas 2014

The wife woke up today saying 2.5 sleeps as one of our twins crawled in to bed and woke us. Lol
On Friday around 6pm the wife said "in one week well be at SAMS TOWN having the best all you can eat crab buffet". Ya we'll be taking about an hour and half break from the show for the best buffet for the buck, well be headed over there for 4:30-5. Your more then welcome to tag along if interested.

Last edited:
Wife and I are flying down to Vegas in the morning, Good thing we come home next Friday before all you rowdies take over. he he!
WE will be heading over to L.A./ Hollyweird Tuesday morning to see the sites.

No car this time, just getting away for a while.

Last edited:
Brian

Imperial Palace museum right downtown worth seeing. As well as Shelby
museum/manufacturing out by the racetrack.

Brian

Imperial Palace museum right downtown worth seeing. As well as Shelby
museum/manufacturing out by the racetrack.

There is a new Shelby museum just off the strip now. The race track one I believe in now just there shop. I haven't been to the new one yet, just seen them talk about it on fartbook. Wife and I will be stopping in this week.

Imperial palace is now the Quad, and the museum is still there.

The Shelby shop is well south on the strip, down by the south outlet mall. On the west side next to the 215 freeway. Entry is free (wouldn't pay for it I don't think) and some neat stuff in there.

Well we got here Wednesday and wondering why all the mustang t-shirts are walking around. Turns out the 50th anniversary celebration is here at the race track. 50000 expected to show. Damn Vegas is so busy.
Anyhow 7am now going for some breakfast then off to the Orleans to get our wristbands. Hope to meet up with some of the guys that are going.

Headed to the airport early tomorrow morning, can't wait for the warm weather, cars and pin-ups haha. Will definitely take a lot of pictures, and maybe even post some teasers throughout the weekend if I get a chance.

Speaking of Mustangs, and I had a few when I was much younger, they were gathered at Mandalay Bay the other day. I am not trying to start a argument but what is the big deal about owning a new car??
They were mostly all 2000 and newer and basically all looked the same except for color and some had aftermarket wheels. What really got me was some were on trailers, maybe they wanted to keep the mileage down for their warranty??
And I would love to own a 65-6 fastback 2+2 4-gear. One of my favorite cars, but not so much a new one. And if I did, I would not consider it to be a show car.
Excuse my rant, I can't help it.

Ya the whole time the wife and I have been saying " hey look another mustang, ya !!! Not " amazing how many people from around the world showed for that. We were at the Orleans and these mustang (new car owners with store bought POS) took over the bowling alley. Ya the older moostangs are awesome not gonna knock them but the guy with a mustang rental car going to the show is kinda a dork.

Anyhow getting back to the viva show now, the car show was awesome. Wife and I figure that next year well drive down with one of our cars though. The vendors were pretty good. Bought some crap as well, first was a hat and shades.
Anyhow were about to jump on a plane to get back now, looking forward to some normal food instead of buffets.

Yeah, Vegas was very busy this trip. Didn't know it was spring break down there.
We went on a couple of tours and that made it a lot more enjoyable for us, went to L.A. and Hollywood and another day out to Red Rock Canyon. Was great to get away from the strip for a while.
This was a get-away from things trip for us, and just happened to be a car show weekend there. Hope everyone there had a good time at the show and post some pics please.

Posting the pictures on here is a pain in the a$$, I forgot my password to photobucket. There has to be an easier way, I took a few pics but my wife too majority of the pictures with her fancy camera.
We made the decision that next year were coming down in our 52, we ran in to an older couple that drove there50 chevy truck rat rod with 351w in it (lol ya ford in a chevy) from Saskatchewan with no fenders no heater and hit snow thru Salt Lake City. There story was awesome.