Snap-On 2261 Timing Light Manual anyone??

Woodbutcher

Pulled my Acadian out of winter storage and began to freshen her up before we head to Quesnel on sunday for the Prospectors shop tour for this year. After changing the oil and adjusting the rockers (a little ticky), I dug out my Snap-On timing light (model mt2261) and cant find my manual. I couldnt find it when I helped Tinmann fire up a new motor in his truck a while ago, so I didnt use it then. Its been quite a while since I used it and wanted to read over things again.

So where can a guy get the manual? Anyone feel like scanning and posting one?

You can get a manual from any SnapOn dealer.

However, I found a forum that answered this question from someone. He stated that he stole the directions from another site. I'll paste his directions here:

Reset button - resets the light to zero
Tach/Adv - Toggles between the tach setting and the advance settings.
Flash - On/Off for the strobe
Dec - Decrease the setting
Inc - Increases the setting

Basic use. Hook up the battery leads, Clip the pickup on cylinder number
one. It should come up and ask you to select number of cylinders.
Now it will display the rpms of the engine and can be used as a standard
timing light.
To use the advance feature you need the specs for the engine. They will
tell you that base timing should be something like 4 degrees at 500 rpm.
and that full advance should be something like 30 degrees at 1500 rpms.

Now use the Tach/Adv button to select degrees. Use Dec/Inc to adjust
that number. Then switch to tach and adjust it to the correct number.
When you use the light set properly it will read zero degrees at the set
rpm IF the timing is correct. Use the same thing to check full advance.

I hope his instructions are on the mark.

You mean it's supposed to do other things than just flash "Snap On" constantly? Huh, imagine that.........

Techead - thanks, I will give it a try.

Daryl - PTTTHHHH!

GMRodder - I did look at it, but its a little more than what I needed. thanks anyways.

Hey Woodbutcher----I have what you are looking for. To bad I did not look on here yesterday---- you could have picked it up when you were in Quesnel. I do not have a scaner but I could photo copy it and mail it to you.

Hey Woodbutcher----I have what you are looking for. To bad I did not look on here yesterday---- you could have picked it up when you were in Quesnel. I do not have a scaner but I could photo copy it and mail it to you.

Hey thanks, royalite. I didn't make to Quesnel on Sunday - been sick as a dog since friday. I'll PM you my email.

Hey thanks, royalite. I didn't make to Quesnel on Sunday - been sick as a dog since friday. I'll PM you my email.

Seeing as how the PM system has been disabled, how about I give you two cornholers each others' phone number? Kinda old school, but it just might work.

Seeing as how the PM system has been disabled, how about I give you two cornholers each others' phone number? Kinda old school, but it just might work.

Phone number?What's that?? How about an email, skype, facebook or a way to MMS? (Groovy baby. I'm so jiggy with the new technology! :D)