Stolen Race Car, Saskatoon.

a good shit kicking when no ones looking is what's deserving.

Last edited:
.....looks like they found the car in pieces out in a field. Probably stripped of all the good stuff and left the rest. Scumbags who did this should be tied to the back of the car and dragged.

The engine was already blown in it so not sure what they would strip off it? Not even sure it was even still in the car? Not like they could take it for a joy ride or anything but good to hear they found it.

Bash

I stand corrected I was told he had just put a 572 into it, his boy has been racing it the last few years, may even be handed down to his daughter not sure. Sad to hear it has been stolen and found in a field chopped into pieces..
I can't imagine how Bob feels right now. Really sad he has owned that car as long as I have known him.

Last edited:
just heard on 6 o'clock news that they found it in pieces in a field not far out of the city, I didn't hear the place good think they said Vanscoy ??. Bash, didn't they say on the news he just put a new motor in it ? picture showed a 502 in it. Owner even said keep the motor he just wants the car back as 30 years in the family. Should be more on the news again tonight and 2morrow I would think. Didn't say anything about the trailer but that must be gone too. They just probably left a bare shell of the olds.

This is such a shame the car has been in the family for 30 years or so and this is what it ends up as. Stolen possibly by the same fella that a few years ago absconded with a first gen Camaro from a local body shop. Feel terrible for Bob.

scatrat2_zpse9d6225f.jpg

scatrat1_zps31c392a1.jpg

Such a shame! :mad::mad::mad: Fargin Bastages!

Bash

well they had it on the News again this evening. Man there is virtually nothing left of the 68. Looks like they cut the body off in little pieces and kept the rest. Crooks had to know the car, cause the new motor was just in a little over a week. Probably will rebody the chassis with undetecting mods and go race it themselves ???. Hope the owner had some insurance on it all.

Man there is virtually nothing left of the 68. Crooks had to know the car, cause the new motor was just in a little over a week.

I agree. I bet a ton of money that they know the person and it was destroyed for personal reasons. What thief takes the time to cut it up??? They want to ditch it as fast as possible!

here,s how it goes . you have your car at a shop getting work done , motor trans interior paint etc etc . the owner of the shop knows some guys looking for parts , engines trans etc . the shop owner tells his buddies hey that cutlass ( or what ever car it is ) is gonna be at the shop Tuesday , come check it out . Tuesday you are at the shop , and some guys come up and start talking to you about your car . they pretend like one of the other cars in the shop belongs to them .
So you think Ahhhhhhh , fellow rodders , racers etc etc . every body starts talking , you tell them all about your car , how much you spent , where you live etc etc , or the shop owner has done that all ready .
A week or two or three after your car is finished , bingo it disappears , usually the first night or two its left outside .
while the car was at said shop , the shop owner got spare keys to your ride made up , if you left your tow vehicle there , guess what , they got a key made for that too .
ever wonder how these cars , or the tow vehicle , trailer and car just disappear one night , and no one hears anything .
that's cause they have the keys
If its a loud car , they just open the door and push the car down the street an load it on their own trailer , and poof its gone .
If its sitting on your truck theyre gonna take the whole set up .
shop owner usually gets a finders fee slash commission .
its happens probably 20 times a year in Toronto , its happened to two guys I know that were frequenting a ford specific performance shop .
one dude spent 15 grand getting stuff done to his car , goes back a final tune . the next weekend he was working on his Harley in the garage left car in lane way over night with alarms all set . woke up in the morning . GONE . it happens guys . ya just gotta be real careful ..77.

My brother lost his Harley from a " secured " underground parkade.
Thieves waited for someone to drive in, a thief slips in behind car before door closes and waits for the driver to exit the underground.
Then thief opens door to let his buddies with truck in, load bike and gone.
Same parking lot .. I lost my stereo system from my car .. broke window and stripped my car of it's stereo equipment. Yeah real " secure " alright.

I know that this is an older thread, but has anyone heard anything about this lately? Where any of the other parts located? Engine or trans? Or is everything long gone?

I believe the owner saw a motor advertised for sale. Checked it out and it was his unmolested.

Okay I did some more digging and read that the thieves had taken to motor to a pawn shop and the store owner had called the cops. The thieves were caught red handed and charged with possession of stolen property. But I still wonder where the rest of the car is....