Cool Scrap Yard

hooligan

Supporting Member
Got home from the car show/swap meet in Spokane yesterday. On our way down we spotted this cool scrap yard in Idaho, we decided to stop on our way home yesterday but it was closed, called the owner and no answer and missed his call back.

Talked with him today on the phone as I am very interested in the Fleetside Apache pickup, turns out he says he has 4 of them and the yard stretches way past where the eye can see.

I'm hoping to head back up there in the first week of August to snag one of his Fleetside Apache's, this is the only fleetside I could spot from the road but he says he has 3 more. 2 stepsides, and 2 fleetsides. Right beside the red one is a 58 stepside. He said he has everything to make a complete truck all with great tin.

They are still out there, when parked, the trees were smaller, now bigger and hides then all.

Last edited:
I was there a few weeks back, my third time stopping in the last 8 yrs or so. the first time was insane 2 young brothers had just inherited it from their father and it was filled with all kinds of gems and i was there for hours. apparently they didnt pay the bills and lost it. still some good stuff but nowhere near as much as the first time i stopped. new owner is pretty nice and realistic price wise. i walked out with a nice set of chevy script valve covers for what i thought was a song.

i forgot to mention, get into the trees that surround the main yard theres all kinds of cool stuff just laying around

I was there a few weeks back, my third time stopping in the last 8 yrs or so. the first time was insane 2 young brothers had just inherited it from their father and it was filled with all kinds of gems and i was there for hours. apparently they didnt pay the bills and lost it. still some good stuff but nowhere near as much as the first time i stopped. new owner is pretty nice and realistic price wise. i walked out with a nice set of chevy script valve covers for what i thought was a song.

Good to hear Sean. When you were there did you happen to see a green 59 Fleetside? He says there is one there in better condition than the red one but I couldn't see it from the road. He seemed really cool on the phone and the price on the Apache is worth a trip back, even though I don't need another project just yet, lol. If I can make time to go back in a few weeks then I'll make the trip, like you, I'm sure I'll spend a few hours in there poking around.

Speaking of Chevrolet script valve covers, I bought a few sets last year at the swap in Spokane for 5 bucks a pair, in mint condition!! The same deals were there this year as well.

Sure, here's the pic Sean sent me of the trucks. I love the patina on this Fleetside.

Check out the Ford sedan in the background there, looks like it has had a chop already. Some good looking trucks there, good for you getting the contact there.