This is my kind of car and sign.

trent_fink

Saw this at the Mopar show in Langley today.

ubbthreads.php

ubbthreads.php

And the cars that parked next to it, wish they didn't.
Love the sign in the windshield. Wish there were more drivers like that at the local Show 'n' Shines.

Thank you for posting. Great sign, love it! :)

I think that finally the pendulum has started its slow swing the other way, and that is a good thing, less importance on the ego / money and more about the car. And of course eventually it will swing too far and it will start all over again. We humans sure are a strange bunch. :eek:

from first hand experience, you do NOT want to get caught behind this car(?) leaving any venue with a sloped entry/exit.

Car(?) and driver were at Deuce Days, abandoned across the road and down the way a bit from us....

Don't laugh, that car probably has more miles on it than anyone here.

It has been around the whole north American continent and crossed it many times.
It does compete in the Great American races that cover a lot of territory, and it is still going. If you ever see it again read what those stickers say, very interesting history on this car.

I like it!
I'm tired of seeing $$$$ cars at cruise ins that the owners bring a duster and freak out if anyone gets close.
Old cars are made to be driven and have fun with.

I think we've already dragged this subject through the dirt. People with really nice restored or rodded cars don't want dogs, kids, bikes, careless adults, accidently damaging their property. Look but don't touch, I don't see a problem with it.

People with really nice cars don't want dogs, kids, bikes, careless adults, accidently damaging their property.

I think you, maybe inadvertently, showed the real problem.

It’s either the total lack of comprehension or respect or care for other people’s property in general (a very existing social condition) or the lack of intelligence to even understand their behavior (people are getting stupider) .

BUT, Car shows are about the owners pride in his car and at best is self-gratification and egoistical and if he feels as you have stated above then he should NOT take his car to shows. Problem solved.
:)

I have some experience with the whole kids, stupid people thing, I build drivers and don't mind folks sticking their head in the door or "getting too close", after all its still a car, a machine built for the purpose of getting you from here to there. But, one time on Robson street in Vancouver, my wife and I, after cruising through town in my T bucket, stopped for an ice cream. After coming out of said ice cream joint, discovered a child behind the wheel of my car with an approving mother snapping pics.
What to do? Freak out? No, a conversation ensued to a very embarrassed woman about the many hours and cost of construction, she was made aware that had she asked, pics would have been possible and maybe even a ride could have happened, but no, my car certainly wasn't a tourist attraction.
I then asked her if she'd be offended if I sat in her car, and I'm sure she left with a good understanding of the hot rod hobby.
A big head or large ego never helps, remember, that after all, its still just a car, shit happens.
I too have seen this old girl, and in my opinion, the owner could make some necessary repairs, but overall, I'm glad to see that he reaches out to the public to share our hobby.

I like it!
I'm tired of seeing $$$$ cars at cruise ins that the owners bring a duster and freak out if anyone gets close.
Old cars are made to be driven and have fun with.

Not picking on you, but this post sums up exactly what is wrong with this hobby (and any other hobby). What you SHOULD have said is that "MY old cars are made to be driven and have fun with". People always seem to think that they have a right to tell others what THEY should and shouldn't do in this hobby. If you are tired of seeing $$$$ cars at cruise in's, then don't go to cruise in's. This hobby (like all others) is full of snobs. There are snobs that look down their nose at people that buy their cars, snobs that look down their nose at people that trailer their cars, snobs that look down their nose at "rat rods" snobs that look down their nose at "street rods" snobs that look down their nose at engine choices, colour choices, chassis choices, wheel choices and so on. Old cars are made for the owner to enjoy IN WHAT EVER FASHION MAKES THE OWNER HAPPY. The attitude that "everybody has to like and do exactly as I do to belong" is exactly why I don't participate in car shows and such. I really don't care what others think about my stuff. They are here to please ME, no one else. Personally, I get why some people build their cars, I get why some people buy their cars, I get why some people drive their cars, I get why some people trailer their cars. I don't get why some people get their nickers in a bunch over something someone else does with their own car unless they are trying to get some sort of recognition or want others to view them as special or a cut above. They do get recognition from me but I doubt that it's the kind they seek. IMO, people that can't appreciate ALL (or at least most) factions of "old cars" IE, built, bought, driven, trailered, rodded, restored, hot rod, street rod, rat rod, restomod, restored and so on, aren't really "car guys". Rant over.

I agree with you, but there is a growing number of people out there that have absolutely no respect for other peoples property. I remember a friend of mine that had a 65 corvette roadster and came out of a store to see a mother watching her 2 1/2 year old kid running back and forth on his hood totally ruining the paint job on his car.... When I am looking at other peoples stuff (and this applies to more than cars) I keep my hands behind my back and anything like snaps, zippers, etc well away from paint or anything the might possibly scratch. I even treat rat rods that way... It is just the way I was brought up.

Russ

I agree with you, but there is a growing number of people out there that have absolutely no respect for other peoples property. I remember a friend of mine that had a 65 corvette roadster and came out of a store to see a mother watching her 2 1/2 year old kid running back and forth on his hood totally ruining the paint job on his car.... When I am looking at other peoples stuff (and this applies to more than cars) I keep my hands behind my back and anything like snaps, zippers, etc well away from paint or anything the might possibly scratch. I even treat rat rods that way... It is just the way I was brought up.

Russ

Exactly. One front fender on the model A truck I bought fro Bruce last fall has a shiny spot on it. I asked why and Bruce said he was at a car show and caught a kid sliding down the front fender and scratched it. He yelled at the kid and the kids mother gave him $hit for yelling at her kid. When my kids were small we had a junk yard next door and in it was an old Datsun with the roof caved in and full of junk. One day I caught them playing on the car, I called them over a asked if they would do that to my truck. Of course they said no so I asked why they would do it to someone elses car then and they stated that it was a piece of junk. I explained that it was not their place to decide if something was junk or not, that only the owner can make that call and that they are to treat EVERYTHING as if it were someones most prized possession.

Russ

Of course ... that's the only way to do it !!!!
It's the only way I would approach a car that someone else owns !!!!
Maybe placing an arm in front of myself if there was a possibility of a zipper or snap on a jacket touching the car ... :rolleyes:

I guess that's why I HATE to leave my car out of my line of sight, where some cretin could do any damage ... :mad:

Its too bad we couldn't bill/sue the adult/child/moron that did any damage to our cars ... :cool: