Daily Hot Rod Insurance Required

JOYRIDER

Hi there,

Does anyone got any hook-ups for Hot Rod Insurance in Ontario?

I need an Insurance Company that will provide a policy for daily driver of modified 1970 Chevelle.(Not a trailer/show only car)

Any info would be helpful.

Robert

I wish it was that easy.
I'm already excluded from the first 2 conditions:

Eligibility
- The automobile is not used for regular transportation.

- The automobile is not driven to work, or taken to shopping malls, or large 'box type' store parking lots. (The only exception to the shopping mall parking lots would be when an organized car cruise or show is held in a parking lot and the show area has been cordoned off.)

I'm looking for a policy that meets my needs:
Drive a Little...Drive Alot...Just Drive..Everyday..Everywhere :)

Well, if it really is used as a daily then none of the "specialty" guys will cover you...your stuck with a regular carrier. Hopefully you can find one that will work with an appraised value..
m

My problem from the appraisal showed that it was "Modified" from original.
Different motor, stereo..etc..
Oh well, they cancelled my policy..
I'll find someone else

I have had a policy with Pilot Insurance for two and a half years now.I had to send them pics and a written appraisal.I have a couple drivers at my house under the the age of 25 and they had to be excluded from the policy.The policy is year round and cannot be reduced(IE drop the pl and pd for the winter)Other than that,it's good to go about any time.If it was my only vehicle,things may be a little stickier.It might be worth a try for ya.
AA

I had the same issues Joyrider.

I couldnt use the "speciality guys" either since I drive the cars as often as I can from May to Oct, including going to work. So I added them to my normal driver's insurance policy (Chubb) as additional cars with low annual mileage totals. I needed an appraisal for them as well. It does cost a lot more but I have piece of mind and replacement coverage. Also I get a reduction in premiums by just keeping fire and theft on them while in storage from Nov to April.

I know lots of people who "gamble" by getting the specialty guys inexpensive coverage and then violating the policy by driving to the mall or to work. Too much $value in the cars to risk while trying to save $500-700 a year.

I know its a lot of money but it pales in comparison to the costs of getting into an accident and finding out your coverage is not valid - even if the accident is not your fault!

I like the idea of say 150 bucks for a yrs ins . But the thought that it could be coverage revoked for driving in a non ins situation ie going to work or shopping . Then you could have zero ins . And with all these T O drivers in our area now its pretty freaky sometimes .
I,m thinking with my regular ins co i,m prob gonna be about 800 maybe a yr for ins on the fifty p /up . I have to still get it appraised :rolleyes: ..77.

I ended up getting Pilot Insurance.
No restrictions, and will honour the appraisal.

Hopefully will not have to make a claim