CDNflatlander in the house

CDNflatlander

Supporting Member
I say hello to all my old and new friends......I was once a member of the "old" board, thought I would join you all over here on this SPANKY new one:)
Greg.

I have been into 'cars' before I was old enough to drive...saw the excitement and the freedom of expression in 'scene' around me. It was an interesting time, but the movie American Grafitti (sp) was really what started the inner desire for a 'Hot Rod'!
Several years later (25+) :eek: the model A chassis showed itself, and a plan developed. As all good projects, there has been some variation from the orginal plan; today that build is still in progress: '27 Model T Touring body onto '28 Model A rails, flathead V8 and a T5 tranny attached by a homemade adapter. The big N little wide whites roll on steel wheels, suspended by 4" drop front axel and a '46 truck banjo axel in the rear.

Many years of parts searching and planning (read procrastination), has kept this project as a project. The kids swear they will never see it on the road......AND we enjoy the summer nights to get together and enjoy ice creams watching the 'other' running cars gather.......So, we picked up a '55 Chev Bel Air that need some work, but all in all should be considered a runner. A little this, a bunch of that, and we may be able to cruize for our own ice creams this summer.

The 'old site' was a fantastic tool, I have met many people of this board, and bunch more through contacts of this board. Hats off to the people who made it happen, and to those that support the hobby/life style!

Thanks, and I look forward to meeting many more.....and few more garage tours:D

Keep the rubber on the road,
Greg.

Congrats,Greg on makin' it to the new forum !!!Pretty cool ,isn't it?BTW,happy B'day!!!!

Nice to meet you Greg! glad to see another albertan on the board here, hope to chat with you some time !!! LOL BTW... Happy birfday!!

Good to see you here Greg, I think we are finding out more about each other onthis new board with all the reintro's.

So how does it feel being a year older eh, hahahaha no different does it.

Cheers bud, John