Is the HAMB dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ryan says the reason why the classified ads were deleted was because he wants people to enter them in the new format with location so that search function works correctly. For sale ads were only good for 6 months anyway and were deleted automatically according to Ryan.

Good to hear that you fellas are alright with HAMB's new looks and functions.
For myself... :confused:
...well, I tried to manage my way about these past few days. The process, although, has become absolutely daunting for me.
I think this is because of the capability of my computer and of my browser. It takes seemingly forever to load each page... with the banner and the slide show and the facebook and the twitter.... and then to go back to the last page I was at... Yeeesh!!
I realize Ryan needs to push his (and I say HIS) site into the future. Really this totally makes sense.... with the ipads and the smart phones. But I am a product of the past, or at the very least working with products from the past. ie. flathead, computer, Snap-On tools
I mean to say... I'm just the type that get's embarrassed to answer my cell phone in my Model A, as in IT really seems inappropriate. How old am I?? well... not yet 50!
Buttt... anyhow. Long Live The HAMB, And May She Prosper.
and when I decide to forgo that mint '32 grille shell in favor of an iPad... I will be back...looking at the past!!

Good to hear that you fellas are alright with HAMB's new looks and functions.
For myself... :confused:
...well, I tried to manage my way about these past few days. The process, although, has become absolutely daunting for me.
I think this is because of the capability of my computer and of my browser. It takes seemingly forever to load each page... with the banner and the slide show and the facebook and the twitter.... and then to go back to the last page I was at... Yeeesh!!
I realize Ryan needs to push his (and I say HIS) site into the future. Really this totally makes sense.... with the ipads and the smart phones. But I am a product of the past, or at the very least working with products from the past. ie. flathead, computer, Snap-On tools
I mean to say... I'm just the type that get's embarrassed to answer my cell phone in my Model A, as in IT really seems inappropriate. How old am I?? well... not yet 50!
Buttt... anyhow. Long Live The HAMB, And May She Prosper.
and when I decide to forgo that mint '32 grille shell in favor of an iPad... I will be back...looking at the past!!

Some of the slowness is juts Ryan trying to get the servers up to speed as more and more people start logging on. When traffic is heavy it will take a while for him to get everything adjusted to meet the demand and he says he is constantly adjusting it. Some may be the browser. Older browsers seem to be causing most of the problems. If you are using Internet Explorer in general it is crap on a lot of sites. This is easy to solve just download a different browser, doesn't cost anything to do and makes life a whole lot easier.

Firefox with a couple addons is your answer.

Firefox - free
adblock edge - addon - free (blocks ads on websites)
flash block - addon - free - blocks the rest of the crap

Its all free and will greatly increase the speed of your browsing.

Thanks K13 and Keeper, thanks for the insight.
Mozilla Firefox is what I am using... but a rather old version. I just don't update well given the necessary learning curves involved and the overall changes in appearances. I guess I just like what I know.... and I do know that's a somewhat half-ass'd way to be, as change is to everything... all the time.
I will try the add-ons.

And hey... I did convert to 12 volts!! Geez Wallabies, what's next??

Status
Not open for further replies.