Is the HAMB dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it would be great!!! Folks would be able to put in a T-5 if they wanted or run disc brakes or even radial tires without fear of being raked over the coals!!!:eek:

It is a traditional hot rod and custom form. Own a muscle car? Probably not the forum for you. Want independent suspension and 20 inch wheels? Guess what. Probably not for you. The Hamb serves a purpose for those of us that are looking for info about traditional builds. Instead of bitching because it isn't your way of building, move on. There are tons of generic hot rod sites.

back up and running with a whole new look :cool:

By your emoticon you like it..:( :confused:

I hate the new look..maybe it will grow on me but, I think it looks like crap ..:eek::(

For a tradional Hot-rod site they sure look like they commercialized it and connected it to the most dangerous and hacked site on the internet..Facebook..

I'm not a fan of change either BUT I trust Ryan and if he thinks it's what the Jalopy Journal needed then I stand behind him 100% and in time will come to embrace the new. My past experience with these type of changes at the HAMB have proven this to me.

Don't know what all the fuss is about, just a cleaner looking site in larger print for the older dudes who can't see.

OK fine and all with the big print... where did all my subscriptions go????:mad:

Bash

If you hover on the on the Forums Icon (left most one of the three just below the jalopyjournal.com on the front page) the popup has a choice of "watched threads". That should contain your subscriptions. It does for me anyway.

Has anyone figured out how to search for threads started by a user? I can't figure out how to do that.

Thanks to Frank for letting us discuss another forum on this one. Just seems a little awkward to me I guess.

I went over to see what the hubbub was all about. I too like the look but more importantly I got to page two and found good info on engine "break in"after a rebuild. Yikes I wasn't aware of that info, would have wrecked the cam. Hamb saves :D and yes it is a traditional cam of correct vintage.

back up and running with a whole new look :cool:

By your emoticon you like it..:( :confused:

I hate the new look..maybe it will grow on me but, I think it looks like crap ..:eek::(

For a tradional Hot-rod site they sure look like they commercialized it and connected it to the most dangerous and hacked site on the internet..Facebook..

I don't know "tradional Hot-rod site" meant it was a charity or no profit thing.
This may surprise you...but the HAMB is a business that makes money!
I think it's great that I can link my Hamb posting and info now with my Facebook and Twitter site. BTW, the HAMB has had a Twitter account for a long time.
I really like the new HAMB!

Has anyone figured out how to search for threads started by a user? I can't figure out how to do that.

Click on the user's avatar. Click on postings. At the bottom of the first page of postings in red lettering is a choice; comments by user or threads started by user. Really much simpler now.

wuga

Thanks wuga. I see that now. It does work.

I also stumbled across another feature. When you click on the search icon it gives you a pop up with grey boxes that say "search" "more" at the bottom. However there is another grey box with no label to the right. If you hover over it it says useful searches and if you click on it you get "your posts" and "your threads" options. Kinda handy.

I see you can also search the classifieds by location. There is a choice of international that Canada is included on. Within the US you can search by state.

As of right now you can't search all ads posted strictly by location, you have to put in a search term such as Ford or Chevy. However I found a thread where Ryan said he was working on a fix to allow you to search all classified ads in a specific location no matter what was being sold. He posted that yesterday (May 14)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.