Is the HAMB dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deucenut

I haven't been on the HAMB for a while. I went to go on it today and it said the website couldn't be found. Is the HAMB dead? Anyone else having this trouble?

Garage Journal is down too but Ford Barn is still up. Probably a server problem.

The H.A.M.B. is in the shop for a bit getting the full custom treatment. This one could take a couple of hours. Hang with us... You'll be glad ya did.

Your pals, Ryan and... Where the hell is The German?

Deucenut...you made me think of what would happen if Ryan shut down the HAMB, I'm thinking traditional war...:eek:

The H.A.M.B. is in the shop for a bit getting the full custom treatment. This one could take a couple of hours. Hang with us... You'll be glad ya did.

Your pals, Ryan and... Where the hell is The German?

Deucenut...you made me think of what would happen if Ryan shut down the HAMB, I'm thinking traditional war...:eek:

I can't even imagine what the Hot Rodding society would be like without the HAMB. There would be worldwide anarchy. Lights in Hot Rodders' garages would go out all over the world. Hot Rodders would be reduced to crying in their beer and selling their hot rods for pennies on the dollar. It would be like an Apocalypse.....:D:D Ok, maybe not, but it would definately be a dissapointing day.....

I can't even imagine what the Hot Rodding society would be like without the HAMB. There would be worldwide anarchy. Lights in Hot Rodders' garages would go out all over the world. Hot Rodders would be reduced to crying in their beer and selling their hot rods for pennies on the dollar. It would be like an Apocalypse.....:D:D Ok, maybe not, but it would definately be a dissapointing day.....

I don't even want to think about it!! :D

Hey,………….. history does repeat itself!! (2010) :D

(actually the HAMB sucks but a couple of model specific threads are informative)

Yesterday and Today: (2014)

The H.A.M.B. is in the shop for a bit getting the full custom treatment. We will be back real soon.

Your pals, Ryan and the German

Published by Ryan on Jalopy Journal:

Well fellas… The time has finally come and as you read this, we are head down in the process of bringing you the new Jalopy Journal. As a result, we will be down anywhere from a few hours to a couple of days depending on how quickly we managed to transfer the massive amounts of data we are working with. This is, by far, the most sweeping redesign we have ever executed and due to this unprecedented nature, we are pretty damned unclear on exactly how long all of this is going to take. :eek:

Sound complicated.

Canuck

I think it would be great!!! Folks would be able to put in a T-5 if they wanted or run disc brakes or even radial tires without fear of being raked over the coals!!!:eek:

Oh great. Now we have the chance to turn this into a H.A.M.B. bashing thread. :rolleyes:

It's down for upgrades, as others have said. Should be back up tomorrow or this weekend. Answer to question. End of thread. :)

There's a restaurant that I really like. But it doesn't have French Onion Soup on the menu. Instead of complaining about them not having French Onion Soup, I just don't go there when I have a French Onion Soup hankering.

EDITED:

I can't even imagine what the Hot Rodding society would be like without the HAMB. a dissapointing day.....

I can.

Real hot rodders would be back in their shops building away until the wee hours instead of looking at a monitor and going bug-eyed.

The keyboard wanna-be's would just move onto something else.

I couldn't care less about the HAMB, after all if it isn't built to their style and specifications it isn't welcome there!

Yeah I also hate it when I go to a Mustang forum and post pictures of Camaros and they get mad as well.:rolleyes:

Well, I have a love-hate relationship with the Hamb, over there I am known as trollst, which is really "Trolls T", having been known as the troll most of my life, not being aware that a troll on the internet is somewhat different. As you may imagine, I got my ass roasted pretty bad, left a bit of a sour taste, but I soldiered on, gave my best advice when I could, THEN, I asked in a post about converting a solid axle to discs, got my post immediately deleted for not being "traditional", o.k. I said, fair comment. But, I've been watching a post over there that is in its eleventh page, 49 dodge, injected Yamaha six, high tech as hell, lotsa pics, excellent workmanship and build, really got to hand it to the guy, nice job. I'm just a lurker now, good site, but they piss me off sometimes. Too many keyboard hot rodders priding themselves on reaching the eleventy million posts mark. I still like to visit, some good stuff there but I keep my two cents to myself.

I try and avoid the drama on there, BUT there are a lot of very good informational posts over there. I have a soft spot for traditional customs - Mercs, 46-8 Chevies, and the offbeat stuff like Kaisers and Hudsons. I go there when I want to be a smart-ass. Plus they have Germ and Ngo Long Dong...

That being said, I also love this place as there are great people here who welcom different opinions and likes and aren't overly critical if you have a banger Model A or a twin turbo Skylark and everything in between. "hugs" :)

EDITED:

I can.

Real hot rodders would be back in their shops building away until the wee hours instead of looking at a monitor and going bug-eyed.

mmm...you were on the net when you posted this...and you have over 6 thousand posts on this site.

Thank you ... I feel the same way.

I couldn't care less about the HAMB, after all if it isn't built to their style and specifications it isn't welcome there!

1Bad56's comment ....

acadian_carguy's response to 1Bad56's comment .....

mmm...you were on the net when you posted this...and you have over 6 thousand posts on this site.

My observation ...... 1Bad56 built a beautiful Efie that must account for some shop time away from the computer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.