Snagged a '48-'53 Suburban from the crusher

surprisingly, I apparently am not the first to come up with this plan.

Of course if it was 50 years ago, I'd be looking for a 302 GMC with a Wayne 12 port, But today that takes some serious cash to do so the Ford 300 12 port is an econo substitute. The Ford even comes with Fenton type headers and a fuelie intake. Plus Coco will love it.

Cheers.

If that's the engine you're putting in, could you do me one small favour? Just cover up the Roush with Chevy decals...:D

I must admit, it's a good looking motor.

If that's the engine you're putting in, could you do me one small favour? Just cover up the Roush with Chevy decals...:D

Okay. Don't worry, that's not my motor. If I can find a GMC valve cover it won't have Roush or Ford on it. ;)

Sorry 'bout hijacking this thread.

Cheers.

Nice catch there!! Check the number stamped on the distributor boss of that Jimmy. If it starts with 270 or 302 it could be sought after by the inliner enthusiasts. I'd like the GMC valve cover for the Ford 300 I'm putting in my Chev.

Cheers, John

Thanks for the info on the distributor. I'll have to check it out. If the motor doesn't sell complete, I'll let the valve cover go.

Interesting enough that a guy at the Lethbridge swap meet had a complete GMC 302 for sale for $250.00 that was taken out of an old truck that the transmission had let go. Engine was good, and it did not sell. Can't believe that. Nice spotless clean motor on an engine stand.

Interesting enough that a guy at the Lethbridge swap meet had a complete GMC 302 for sale for $250.00 that was taken out of an old truck that the transmission had let go. Engine was good, and it did not sell. Can't believe that. Nice spotless clean motor on an engine stand.

that's unusual.

I know a guy that was looking for a Jimmy 302 for sometime, and he was at the show as a vendor too.

A few parts are gone, but I need to get this off the trailer in the near future. Anyone need anything before I ship it back to scrap?

I'd PM you, but…… if you friend is still looking for the 302 motor, I can give you his contact number. Dave told me he figures part of the reason it didn't sell was his table was amongst the stuff that the ladies like to shop for.

Good news Keith, Eugene has agreed to send me the GMC embossed valve cover so I can disguise my Fo'Fo'Fo' uh 12 port.

Cheers, John

Gasser, what all have you salvaged off the 'burb?is the body toast? How about the side windows?

The body was really bad so it's back at the crusher. I saved the back windows inner trim. They are fairly rusty along the bottoms, but are available for $25 + the ride.

I just hauled the remains of a panel home and am in the process of getting it stripped and sent off also. Need anything?

Ya a suburban body! I even thought about cutting and welding in the 'burb side windows if I could get those. My panel is next to mint body wise but i sure would love 'burb windows.

...Hey Bullet, here's a Chev Panel School Bus. Came from the Naicam Sask. area. May be the one. It's now in my back 40....
Stan. ....

53ChevPanel001Small_zps140a077f.jpg