1952 Plymouth Project

Well our trip is over 7900 miles or 12500 km two flat tires [actually same tire twice] other tan that no problems at all Interior got done and is comfy and cheap. we cruised at 60 65 mph all the way. when we left it was winter all the way to Redding California All the trucks and cars were chained up which left piles of chains all over the freeway. It was still freezing at night in San Francisco . Next was San Clemente and after that San Diego we hooked up with Paul Cos from the Hamb and he introed us to the shops in Tijuana next it was a one day job to completely do the inside of the Plymouth I will post some pics of Our journey
024_zpsaceea596.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I saw the car at McDonalds in Langley a couple weeks ago. He was standing in line and I was going to say Hi when he was done at the counter as it was busy.
And a minute later i looked and he was gone. I thought maybe he went the washroom, but he never came back.

Awesome experience Earl. Man I couldn't afford the gas to run one of my Hemi's that far.

Sheldon

Oh boy, more pictures PLEEEEASE. You can't tease us with just those couple. This is a drive I wanna hear about and see. How did the two speed heater work in the colder climate ?
Sheldon's comment is interesting about the gas....hemi is top shelf but an old flathead can still be fun. How much did the trip cost in fuel ?

That would have been a very cool trip as in a neat time, good on ya, it is a wonder the Mexicans didn't want to buy it off of you :)

Here is a picture of the done interior In
1386964672903_zpsa968f7f0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG] Tijuana HMM this is the same seat from the beginning of this thread

Oh boy, more pictures PLEEEEASE. You can't tease us with just those couple. This is a drive I wanna hear about and see. How did the two speed heater work in the colder climate ?
Sheldon's comment is interesting about the gas....hemi is top shelf but an old flathead can still be fun. How much did the trip cost in fuel ?

I had no time to change the wipers or heater to 12 volts and after driving from PG to California and return with the 6 volt heater going no problem it just runs faster. electric wipers worked well on trip home also. I ran across a forum where one guy has used his 6 volt stuff for 10 years HMMM

This is a pic of the passenger rear door As Jan an I went along we filled in the road we travelled
IMG_20140301_164636_zps2455979b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Very cool adventure and story! I think it would be interesting to do something like this someday.

where to next

Sounds like a hell of a trip Earl. Where to next?? Alaska, South America, Newfoundland, Hixon, or ......