52 Ford Fiberglass

chappychapperton

So I am now looking at buying my fenders and running boards since the box is back from the body shop. Does anyone have any insight of what companies make a quality fender? Fairlane is out of business, Wescott looks like a nice fender and thier prices are 2x everyone else, Be Bops seems to get nothing but poor ratings and Early Fords website doesnt work. Any others out there that I am missing? Does anyone have any workable steel fenders?? Thanks for the help.

:)

I didn't think these trucks were so rare that one would have to resort to f/g??

Anyways, here is one hit off a craigslist search for f/g...

http://hartford.craigslist.org/pts/1627203839.html

.....and another for f/g off kijiji
http://edmonton.kijiji.ca/c-cars-ve...ont-hood-Brand-New-Hot-Rod-W0QQAdIdZ164723216

....and here is a hit off kijiji for steel parts.....and remember, the BIG swap is just over a month away....

http://edmonton.kijiji.ca/c-cars-ve...rd-and-Mercury-truck-parts-W0QQAdIdZ193147559

Powerama is barely a blip on the radar:)....I was referring to Red Deer....

41st Annual Red Deer Swap Meet sponsored by the Central Alberta Vintage Auto Club.
When:
Friday April 30th 2010 - 3:00 pm to 9:00 pm
Saturday May 1st 2010 - 8:00 am to 4:00 pm

James
=========================================================

What one is that???
powerama??? didn't think it was that big or you talking the April 30/May 1 red deer swap?

F1 Glass

I ran into an Ebay item 260564246562, a 51 glass Ford hood the desc says its made by a company in St Johns Michigan called M&K fiberglass, is a company formed by ex-employes of the now defunct Fairlane company.

The sellers ebay name thefairlaneguy.
LMS trucks can probably help you out as well

Do your self a favour and use Wescott's. I have a 52 with fenders from a company/supplier here in Ontario and they are CRAP!!!!!!!! we spent countless hours making them perfect and after the first hot sun on them they went wavy. I put westcotts on my 31 model A vicky years ago ( 25) and all that was done to them was washed sanded primed and painted with out a bit of exta work and they fit perfect

I have a set of Bebop glass fenders on my dads 54 ford ...They fit just as good as steel ones,,,They are super straight,,,It only took a quick round of blocking to get them ready for black paint.....Maybe I was lucky and got a good set?...I have worked on Wecott glass bodied stuff though, and its top notch...

Last edited:
I really appreciate the help with this. Wescott's sounds like the fender of choice for me because this truck is going to stay in the family for years and I want to build it right. Not to say that BeBops fenders are junk, it is just that I want these parts to last me years and by the sounds of many posts here and reviews on the net Wescott makes a great quality fender. But that being said I might take a look at the company mentioned above who are run by former Fairlane employee's. Thanks again and I will keep you posted as to where I get the fenders and how they turn out. Cheers.

...If its a keeper you should try for steel ones. Shouldn't be that hard to find. I gotta 50 Mercury pickup I'm parting out. Passenger fender decent, drivers needs work.
Stan. .......

Picture008Large.jpg

48truckbox002Large.jpg

I am going with M&K fiberglass, formerly fairlane. They make a good product for a good price. As for steel, I am not sure why people say if it is a 'keeper', which mine is, I should run steel. Anything to support this claim before I send my money to Fairlane?