A bit of history of why we're HERE

Admin

Administrator
I posted this a few days ago:

I have been monitoring the issue related to the forum and it's (lack of) speed. I'm sorry for the frustration that this is causing but is not within my control. I am afraid that it is not likely going to get better any time soon - at least on an ongoing basis.

The short reason is related to the hosting service and the technology that is used to run the forum. I won't bore you with the technical aspects.

I have spent most of the day attempting to formulate options for moving the site to a new host and moving the forum also. It probably needs moving anyway as the hosting is costing me WAY too much money (comparatively).

I have also looked into buying new forum software based upon a different technology set (like what the HAMB uses).

The really bad news is that there is no reliable method to convert this forum and all the member data, history and messages to this different technology. It has been attempted and has not been successful as far as I can determine.

At best, it will take a ton of time to move the Canadian Rodder site and re-establish the forum - and I only have about 4 days to decide as the current hosting will be up for renewal

Frank
Admin is my wife...NOT .........Judy
:p :p.......fatguy being silly...Oh I'm so pleased.. just think Judy will available for us guys to chase now that you have a new life frank.....:) fatchuk

Frank,
I hovered around my computer all day today. Saw a change early this morning with the main page but still was getting an error404 message to the actual forum. Then around 5:00pm the forum finally opened up for me to register.
I see some we're already posting at 11:00pm. last night, how was that possible ? What time did everything become available again ?

Frank,
I see some we're already posting at 11:00pm. last night, how was that possible ? What time did everything become available again ?

Linc made the first post at 8:20 pm yesterday...I showed up an hour later..
Mike,