Hello from Norway

gasserx

Hi all Canadian rodders!
Im born into a "non-car" family in Norway, except from an uncle i did almost never see.., but i guess i can send him a big thanks for the huge pile of american hotrod mags he stored in a tiny shed at my grandmothers house when i was a kid! I used to hide in the shed and look at the pictures of drag races and hotrods. Since then i`ve been hooked...
At the moment i have a few early 50`s english Fords (Pop and Fordsons). But I have also owned a lot of different cars and motorcycles from late 40`s until early 70`s.

I also own an old Slingshot dragster that i recently got home to Norway from USA. And thats kind of the reason i signed up here.
As far as i know, it has been part of its life in Canada (10-15 years) - probably on the eastern side of the country. I have been lucky and found a few that knows the guy who bought it from Canada, so im waiting for more details about where he picked it up back in around 1988.
Its most probably a Woody Gilmore chassis thats said to be built in 1967 and located in Florida, then sold to Canada in around 1974.
I cant confirm the early history in any way, so i will do my best to find its history and work my way backwards from -88.

If i can get details on where the US guy picked it up in Canada, i hope i can find someone on this forum that can help me get some more info.
If someone sees this, and remember a FED beeing sold to USA around that time, dont hesitate to chime in. It was sold to Rhode Island btw..

Thanks for looking

Welcome from just west of Toronto, Ontario.

Post up some pictures. They need to be hosted on Photobucket or some other external host to link to.

Thanks 58chev. Judging by the distance from Rhode Island, i think the area somewhere between Toronto and Quebec is most likely the correct place - but i will hopefully know more soon.

This is the oldest picture i have at the moment, but im waiting for more thats supposed to be from earlier years. It might have been changed a bit since it was imported from Canada.
New pics and info from the owner back then might reveal something, i hope to have more at the end of the week.

IMG_1034.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum Sounds like a nice old car history. I forwarded the pic to a friend who started racing in the fifties and still make passes. Bill

Welcome to the forum... good luck with your search.. and by all means keep us posted!

Again welcome aboard

Bash

Welcome to the forum Sounds like a nice old car history. I forwarded the pic to a friend who started racing in the fifties and still make passes. Bill

I made a few passes in the 50's but was mostly unsuccessful as I was kinda shy.......:)

Welcome to our site, by the way.....do not take my dark sense of humour with any seriousness.......
There has to be some guys on here who have knowledge of your car.....

Welcome gasserx .. land of my mother's ancestors.
Someone on here will surely chime in on the FED.

Thanks guys! I`ll keep you updated.
Still waiting for more info from the previous owner (im like a kid waiting for Christmas).

gasser,

Got your email and replied back.

Good Luck
Frank

Last edited:
Hello gasserex, Good to see you here, I hear the car hoddy is very strong in your country, That Digger sure looks the part and with history, Good for you mate.