Hot Rods/Rat Rods.

I recommend SOMETHING within your budget, something in Nova Scotia.

I've never bought much in winter because people don't want to dig stuff out or help load in freezing temperatures.
Early spring I think you'll find more stuff coming up for sale.

I've never bought much in winter because people don't want to dig stuff out or help load in freezing temperatures.
Early spring I think you'll find more stuff coming up for sale.

Rustbucket, that's what I always explain to others, but people say, "oh no, people get rid of their junk n crap in the fall & winter, trust me".
Thanks for backing me up, though. :p

Anything for sale within my budget? Let me know what you have

Also, what do you recommend?
Cheers

If I were looking for an entry level driver project that's easy to fix, restore, and still be cool to show up at the local cruise in, I'd be looking for an early to mid 60's Ford or Chev pickup.
There are plenty to choose from and the after market has most parts reproduced.
If I had the room I wouldn't mind having one to bomb around in!

Too bad you're way over there because here in Alberta (Camrose area) I know of at least 8 good starters, that could be picked up for less than $1000.00.

Too bad you're way over there because here in Alberta (Camrose area) I know of at least 8 good starters, that could be picked up for less than $1000.00.

Sometimes in the long run it could be cheaper to get a western project and have it shipped than to try and rescue a pile of rust from the east coast.

Stay away from anything built overseas unless you've got a deep wallet.
Except perhaps a VW bug.

While I love my British cars, from what I can see in the pics that would be a real challenge, either fixing or replacing the hood, floors, and the rest of the body, not to mention it needs a lot of work on the interior. These little cars are good when they are running however with Lucas electrics when something goes wrong, it really goes wrong. I say that because I saw wires dangling under the dash. As I said earlier I know where there are plenty of vehicles around here for well under a grand, I've gotten 3 early '50s Austin A40 Somersets and a 1953 International truck for less than $1100 TOTAL! I've also been lucky enough to get '80s through 90s vintage GMC trucks GIVEN TO ME along with an ex ambulance, and a 1979 Ford factory built camper. Our daily driver is a 2001 Ford Explorer that I picked up in '11 for $500.00 and spent less than $100 to fix.

Last edited:
If I were looking for an entry level driver project that's easy to fix, restore, and still be cool to show up at the local cruise in, I'd be looking for an early to mid 60's Ford or Chev pickup.
There are plenty to choose from and the after market has most parts reproduced.
If I had the room I wouldn't mind having one to bomb around in!
Yeah, I've been thinking about that..

Haha, yup. It's too bad. Ah well.

Saw that earlier. I like it, but it'd be a substantial amount to restore.

Sometimes in the long run it could be cheaper to get a western project and have it shipped than to try and rescue a pile of rust from the east coast.
Yeah, I thought so, too. :p

1,000-1,200. I'm looking for a job, too, so I can afford parts, etc.

Stay away from anything built overseas unless you've got a deep wallet.
Except perhaps a VW bug.
Meh, the bugs are O.K.

From previous threads....$1000 I believe.
Yes, 1,000-1,200, as stated before.

While I love my British cars, from what I can see in the pics that would be a real challenge, either fixing or replacing the hood, floors, and the rest of the body, not to mention it needs a lot of work on the interior. These little cars are good when they are running however with Lucas electrics when something goes wrong, it really goes wrong. I say that because I saw wires dangling under the dash. As I said earlier I know where there are plenty of vehicles around here for well under a grand, I've gotten 3 early '50s Austin A40 Somersets and a 1953 International truck for less than $1100 TOTAL! I've also been lucky enough to get '80s through 90s vintage GMC trucks GIVEN TO ME along with an ex ambulance, and a 1979 Ford factory built camper. Our daily driver is a 2001 Ford Explorer that I picked up in '11 for $500.00 and spent less than $100 to fix.
Yep, totally agree.
And wow. Nice steal. :p