The Silly Season….

I went on monday rows and rows of 67-69 camaro's and rows of corvettes nothing I saw was worth anything to me except the "common" cars that don't get any tv coverage. To me it's a lot better on tv but one thing I really enjoyed was the fantastic arizona sunshine:D

Randy

I went on monday rows and rows of 67-69 camaro's and rows of corvettes nothing I saw was worth anything to me except the "common" cars that don't get any tv coverage. To me it's a lot better on tv but one thing I really enjoyed was the fantastic arizona sunshine:D

Randy
Amen to that!!!

So what we learned this weekend is if you filled Craig Jacksons circular garage with Duesenbergs, Cords, 30's Packards, etc... you still only have the "value" of one 67 Corvette.

You'd need the whole qualified field of the 1970 Winternationals funny car class and all their transporters all restored to be worth what one simple plastic Chevy is?

Is it just me or has the price of the JUNK on Kijiji doubled since the weekend?? ;)

Successful weekend at B-J....almost $249 million in auction sales.

Plus add in the other auctions occurring at the same time, lots of metal changed hands.

For the record, about 4 months ago, an 1967 L-88 Corvette roadster in a one-of-one colour sold for $3.2 million for being the highest price obtained for a Corvette.

Well, at the B-J auction, that record was raised to $3.85 million for a L-88 Corvette Coupe that crossed the block.