MustII OEM power rack

al37ford

Supporting Member
I've got an OEM Must rack in my '35 which worked well with the old, awkward steering column ..maybe Dodge using chevy?? So, landing home with a new DD column & end made in Tucson it's not blending well. Very narrow single D coming out of the Must rack & I'm not comfortable with the collar around it. So, what have I got? Pinto? adaptation? can't see same online anywhere. maybe I should post a photo but tthinking this is old news???

Worked things out through this as had no feedback but a new question?? The power steering return line that comes out of the rack up to the ps reservoir turns freely despite the lock nut firmly in place. I see seepage around the joint so whats up?

The power steering return line that comes out of the rack up to the ps reservoir turns freely despite the lock nut firmly in place. ?

Hey Al, I was trying to find some info on this for you, but (there always is a but) my home is in the back bush and my dial-up is even moving slower then I think and that is slow. I will do this at work (?) high speed this afternoon but for now I need some more info.

From a fading memory the earlier MII OEM racks had the fitting holes cast into them and used a 3/8" Male Inverted Flare on the return line, the newer racks (aftermarket / T-bird) like the Heidts supplied one in the shop truck, in aftermarket applications use a metric adaptor fitting screwed into the rack. Not sure what newer stock birds use but I looked on Rock Auto and it just shows return hose, no fittings.

What lock nut? ;)

If one more thing goes wrong this week I’m going to start drinking again. When I left work last night Telus was fixing the guy upstairs phone, yep go in today and no phone or internet, call 1-800 talk to Asia for an hour and half, might have a tech tomorrow.

Man, I HATE that @#$%&* Murphy!!!!

Pull the hose end out and look to see if there is a seat for it to seal on . if its a open hole with a flat bottom its made for a AN fitting not a inverted flare.

Al, my net is back, do you still need a unreliable pitiable effort of assistance? ;)