I think I asked the before???

SHIZMIT'58

I have a buyer for my 41 Plymouth Coupe. But he wants the wifes & my names off the doors. painted on with One Shot over the Clearcoat. What is the best, safest, easiest way to remove the lettering only????:confused::confused::eek::eek: fRank

Drop the price $50.00 and let the new buyer choose how they want to do it.

........................you are a wise, wise man sir! ;)

…………………or Frank you might do small test with a little lacquer thinner on a paper towel as long as it doesn’t soften the clear coat?

any sign painters on here :confused: we used to use oven cleaner only ate the one shot but things have changed over the years

I would try cut-polish, rubbing compound. Be very careful with thinners, enamel reducer would not be as strong.

Might be safer to carefully wet sand it off and re-clear coat it or buff it if there's enough clear.

Sheldon

I have luck with a hard plastic type scrapper or razor blade, treat like a paint run. Scrape it down gently to get the bulk of it off, a little paint thinner for the rest, maybe some brasso to polish and wax, charge 50 bucks and a box of your favorite brew. Or tell him to change their names at no charge.

OR.... i could just sell it to some one with the same names??? Just found out ,, NO SALE his wife wants a(GAG )Chevelle:confused::confused::eek:OH well Thanks guys!!!

OR.... i could just sell it to some one with the same names??? Just found out ,, NO SALE his wife wants a(GAG )Chevelle:confused::confused::eek:OH well Thanks guys!!!

No problem. Now you have one and Linda has one. Now to figure out how to switch the doors on the '41 from one side to the other. Gotta have the names on the right sides eh!? ;)

any sign painters on here :confused: we used to use oven cleaner only ate the one shot but things have changed over the years

I watched "Jake" a well known pinstriper around NSRA events, completely remove someone else's bad job, before re-doing it.............all with Easy-Off oven cleaner!

Mike

Maybe I should fly out there and buy it, from what I read here, the passenger door would be right (Linda) and I know a good sign painter who change the driver's door.

Ha,Ha, yes I would certainly need snow tires now, from what I have been seeing what's on the Prairies and Ontario.