Some pictures from the tour

John in Oz

The first couple of photos aren't a part of the tour but I thought I'd put them in here anyway,
these were at the shop where Frank is getting some work done on his Swedish Taxi ....... Volvo.

Canada12011008.jpg

64 Dodge Polaris, Tim my business partner and buddy as well as myself own a 4 door version on this.

Canada12011013.jpg

How cool would one of these be for tootling around on.

Canada12011225.jpg

Our leader from on here Frank who also not only organizes this board but also the CanadianRodder tours
has this great little roadster both he and his good wife Judy have seen plenty of miles in it.

Canada12011220.jpg

Franks Brother in Law and Sister who are the coolest people you could meet have a truck load of fun in this 32,
Terry enjoys driving while Gerry gets a kick out of cruisin with her man.

Canada12011021.jpg

This Chevy has to be one of my favourite cars, it is a very neat ride with an inline 6 the folks who own it are really nice people as well,
when ever you see Mike and Laura cruising you can tell they are on a high with this.

Canada12011025.jpg

3Fords on the site here has a very neat Coupe, Don and Donna are always smiling when crusing in their car and they have a ton of fun to the paint really pops in the sun.

Canada12011024.jpg

Alan and Anne have been on a few tours in their great what we call a Valiant but we didn't get this body style down here so I guess that is
why it always attracts my attention plus the fact it is well detailed helps.

Canada12011157.jpg

It has a pretty healthy engine to.

Canada12011712.jpg

This was taken the last morning of the run before we headed back to Toronto from Sudbury, one is a Chrysler the other a Dodge ... I think

Canada12011026.jpg

I think this is Cooters & Brendas A, it is a bit hard to see the small pictures when you are loading across photos.

Canada12011267.jpg

Mike & Diane had their '34 coupe there but this is their roadster which they also had at the show and shine in Sudbury,
not only are Cooter and Mike organisers of the Sudbury show but found time to come down and do the cruise back up there,
a pretty handy fold down soft top so if it rains you can just put it back up again.

Canada12011028.jpg

Brian and Marilyn were cruising in their truck, all the way and looked good on the road.

Canada12011037.jpg

Blood55 from on the site here had his bloody nice wagon with a 454 for motivation and the car drives really nicely, How do I know, I had a drive, it does everything right.
Photos just can not do this car justice.

Thanks for the drive Curtis, the number plates are good for a smile to.

Last edited:
Canada12011029.jpg

Tom has had this Panel on the road a while and doesn't plan any changes any time soon, he just likes the truck the way it is, so good for him,
after talking with him I understand where he is coming from with that.

Canada12011030.jpg

This is a strong contender for a strong ride. This car was featured in a recent Canadian Hot Rod mag.

Canada12011031.jpg

One of a few of the Muscle cars on the run, Rodger keeps it looking good to

Canada12011033.jpg

About a 1971 Fairlane another one we never saw down under but we did get the 4 door version.

Canada12011034.jpg

These are a nice compact Thunderbird just before they blew out to a big car, this is a nicely presented car.

Canada12011035.jpg

56 Chevies are a nice cruiser.

Canada12011038.jpg

The couple who own this have been on a few of the Canadian Rodder Tours, A fairly rare car,
they do a lot of miles in this car to, they got Longest Distance award from within the U.S.A.
Good to see Phill & Jeanette supporting a Canadian Run

Canada12011039.jpg

Iain and Janet from Lethbridge were on the 2009 tour with their boys last time but this trip were alone and took in a few other sights like N.Y city,
great way to make the tour a holiday to see other sights as well. They took the train from Toronto to N.Y. Iain said it was well worth doing it like that no parking worries there either.

Canada12011042.jpg

This is what the tour is about, chewing the fat with other people and having a good time.

Canada12011046.jpg

Really nice Plymouth and a very comfortable ride, nicely done car again.

Canada12011047.jpg

Mike is this your other car that you had on the tour instead of the roadster.

Canada12011048.jpg

Mel was all smiles in his hard top 56.

Canada12011050.jpg

Barry and Vicky have a desirable El Camino

Canada12011066.jpg

Tim and Diana had there Pickup this trip, they were also on the 07 and 09 cruises that I was at with their 34 Tourer, the truck has a flip front and a real nice cruiser.

Last edited:
Canada12011055.jpg

A Hi Boy A, Richard just cruised along at the speed he was happy with, looked great on the highway.

Canada12011057.jpg

You don't see many of these around and this was a very nice example, it was Dave & Geda's first C.R run and say they will be going on more in the future.

Canada12011058.jpg

Rodger was cruising alone, I should have taken a ride with him, '39 Chevy Coupe is the one car I'd like to own again, this travelled along the highway with some apeal to me.

Canada12011059.jpg

Gary and Jan have a smile all the time when cruising in their 36 tudour, sits good.

Canada12011061.jpg

Canada12011063.jpg

Channeled and Hi Boy to boot, nothing shouts Hot Rod more than what the tail lights say, this car fills all the bills to being a Hot Rod.
You could tell Tom &Cathy we having fun, a smile is better than 100 words sometimes.

Canada12011069.jpg

Matt had Tanya his Wife and kids along for the ride this year, Last time his Dad was travelling with him in 09,
Matt designs the T SHirts for the run and some absolutely fantastic art work.

Canada12011068.jpg

Matts Mum and Dad Larry and Carol had their own ride there as well, neat little Merc. Interestingly out here those Merc's have a wider one piece head light.

Canada12011070.jpg

This is a really neat 53 Chevy mild custom, just right and rides nice, Terry took me for a ride in this in 09,
we have a funny story about that ride to.

Canada12011071.jpg

Ed had a Taxi sign on the roof for a while and got glares from some Cabbies, they parked in front of him and just stared, hahah, maybe they thought they had opposition in town.

Canada12011075.jpg

Han has been on a couple of runs with this very nice 34 with ghost flames.

Canada12011076.jpg

This 54 Chevy is a nice unit as well.

Canada12011077.jpg

They don't come much cleaner than this 46 Ford Pickup, Kevin has another nice ride as well, I was sure he had a Merc on the last tour.

Last edited:
Canada12011078.jpg

Gary's 53 F100 is another nice unit, he was smiling every time I saw him, I reckon he was having a good time and that is what it is all about

Canada12011080.jpg

53 Chevy Pickup another one of my desires to own, Brian & Julie has just the perfect match here.

Canada12011082.jpg

Frank gives a morning talk every day to advise of any roadworks or what ever and where we will be having breaks etc, it helps a lot when you are from out of town.

Canada12011094.jpg

Traveled with the bra on.

Canada12011212.jpg

How neat is life with a 57 Chev Rag Top, Wayne & Barb enjoys travelling along the highway in this beauty.

Canada12011087.jpg

This 34 Chevy 2 door kept the rain out the 1st day out.

Canada12011089.jpg

This Ford coupe had some neat little features around it.

Canada12011203.jpg

Canada12011202.jpg

Canada12011204.jpg

Canada12011205.jpg

Canada12011092.jpg

These guys hooked up with the tour along the way.

Canada12011263.jpg

62 SS Impala of Jim & Rita from Timmins, a very cool ride.

Canada12011262.jpg

How about Gary & Ellen's style of cruising a GTO,

Last edited:
Somw pics

Nice pics John. It shows that it is more than a tour but a chance to meet new people. Afterward they become good friends.

Canada12011093.jpg

How about a big Caddi to travel in style.

Canada12011095.jpg

Lloyd doing a bit of lake surfing.

Canada12011097.jpg

A Falcon ute as well call them or a Ranchero to you guys, our ute has a slightly shorter tray section. Bruce didn't mind driving this with Pat along side, a nice couple of people who like driving their ride.

Canada12011098.jpg

This 5 Chevy of Ron & Janey's reminded me of a famous old movie car from down here,

Canada12011108.jpg

Moe has had this 32 on the road for a while, looks and goes great, Moe is one of those guys who always has a smile when on a run.

Canada12011172.jpg

That is Moe and Don you can see everyone had a great time, this pic was at Huntsville after an over night stop, you can tell everyone is listening to Franks morning talk.

Canada12011104.jpg

Big T'birds are a comfy way to travel, I meet Tony in 09 on the last CR run we were on. He must have freshened the engine up since then.

Canada12011103.jpg

I'm sure I saw a for sale sigh on Art & Joans car, nice 51 Victoria like this is hard to find down our way.

Canada12011101.jpg

This Chrysler has somemild custom treatments around it as well,

Canada12011112.jpg

Paul Barber from Hortons Hot Rod Parts has a collection of Mopars and took this very neat one on the run,
I thought this was another neat ride with classic lines we never see down our side.

Canada12011129.jpg

Canada12011120.jpg

Norm & Kathy have a classic Buick here, great cruiser for comfort. H'mm I wonder if it has a Nail head under the hood there.

Last edited:
Canada12011153.jpg

Sitting in a car park B.Síng on to your friends is a good past time when on a cruise like this,
sometimes you don't get to see each other unless you are out and about like this.

Canada12011154.jpg

Alan & Yvette just resting up in front of their A chatting with Paul from Horton's, it is not just about cars,
it is always great meeting up with folks you haven't seen in a while and a great way to meet new friends.

Canada12011137.jpg

Dan was on a run a few years back, model A's make great rods

Canada12011199.jpg

How cool would this be a rag top Ford with sun and fresh air.

Canada12011133.jpg

Rob enjoys his '70 Chevelle Rag Top, another cruiser for the summer, top down would be perfect.

Canada12011128.jpg

Canada12011151.jpg

In Huntsville this Coupe cruised in for a look at the local show and shine which was held at the local G.M. dealers quarters.

Canada12011115.jpg

Yea I have to put this one in here hahaha, a Rental car, not as good as the last one we had when we were there in 09 but hey it still did the trick, didn't go bad for a V6.

Canada12011123.jpg

One of our own members from on Here Andy, Annette & Shay-Lynn have done a few enjoyable miles in their Chevy and still looks great.

Canada12011403.jpg

Paul and Kari from Timmins have a truck load of enjoyment with their Nomad, this really is a neat car.

Canada12011122.jpg

Life doesn't get any finer than a 40 Ford Deluxe Coupe Mike and Nancy have done some fun filled miles in this very nice example.

Canada12011497.jpg

Andy and Annette getting a bite to eat at the Sudbury car show.

Last edited:
Don and Donna you are so right there what a great way to meet new friends and I like these runs because it is such a great mix of variety of cars and people, you know not everyone is as quiet, shy and reserved as we are you know hahaha.

Nick maybe next time you'll be able to take your custom built ride along, see you don't have to be driving a Rod to attend the CR Cruise's it is also about people to and hey they even take us guys who some don't understand what we are saying hahaha.

Last edited:
Thanks for taking the time to post all this, John! Brought back a lot of great memories!

Mike

PS: Yes, that's my '34 5-window.

Thanks for finally posting those John LOL.. one of these days maybe I will get the chance to take something like this in? Looks like a great time and some great people too. I know its a sad thing when I live in this country and don't get to these sort of things but you come all the way up from the other side of the globe and more then once even Good on ya John.. like I say maybe one day?:(

Bash