Paul Horton U Weld it kit on Trucks

47convert

Neat stuff. They installed one of Paul's Welder Series kits on a '49 Chevy pickup on the "Trucks" show today. You can probably catch it tomorrow.

Last edited:
I have installed and welded up 4 of those welder series x-members and they are great....Here's one I welded and put in a 67 Nova

junkyard817.jpg

junkyard815.jpg

I saw this episode this morning and the kit does look pretty slick for the DIY guys. The only thing I didn't like was that the kit used the narrow lower A-Arms that require the use of the support rods that they had to torch/bend into place!

I'm pretty sure every M11 kit out there that uses stock rods (whatever they're called) needs to be heated and bent. I've done it with a Fatman kit when I built my 47 Ford Ragtop and a couple of '35 Fords. Shouldn't be a problem if they're heated red and bent slowly and allowed to cool on thier own.

Just to clarify, the kit doesn't require the use of any particular A-arms... stock or aftermarket will fit, as long as they're designed for MII. The show decided to use stock arms to keep the budget down.

Thanx DW. It was cool to see your stuff being used on TV.