The Silly Season….

351CFalcon

Supporting Member
…..is upon us once again and starts this week.

Talking about the Barrett Jackson Auction in Scottsdale Arizona starting on January 14 to 19th , as well as several others occurring next weekend.

Don Prudhomme has put up for auction the Hot Wheels Snake and Mongoose funny cars and their matching car carriers as a 4 collector car set.
Will be interesting to see what money they go for.

Hey Bullet, Lot 1300 is for a VW 21-window Samba Bus.

These auctions set the tone for the year.

Last edited:
What are we going guess for a price on those HotWheels trucks with funny cars?
They are certainly important drag racing history and real treasure but i'm not sure there are many super rich mooks that know or care about drag racing or that have that much space which is the reason Don's selling them, they take up half his big shop.

I am going to guess a millionaire gets drunk enough to spend over a million on them but fear somebody will need to re-restore them in a few years when they get left parked outdoors.

Gas Monkey garage has a barn find Boss 429 Mustang up for auction on Friday night, lot # 1077.

Randy

Gas Monkey garage also have another car on the block too, lot #5003, a 2013 Camaro CRC COPO. Has their logo all over the doors.

Lil Coffin II, a clone tribute is also on the block as lot #1088.

Lots of older drag cars too such as Sox & Martin '68 'Cuda Fastback.

Last edited:
Barrett Jackson has really become less of an auction, and more of an 'event'. One word ... *yawn*.

I am in AZ and will go to the Barrett Jackson, Russo Steele and Silver auctions. I never register as a bidder at Barrett Jackson but will for the other two.

Wasn't the Hot Wheels Snake and Mongoose already put up for auction???

:confused:

Nope. Don heavily promoted the 2014 auction of these on TV during the Hot August Nights in Reno last year.
I believe they will sell for $300,000

Last edited:
The Snake and Mongoose collector set

So, we have the following:

Tom P - $1,000,000

Kevinsrodshop - $400K

Trent Fink - $300K

1Bad56 - $575K

Any others guesses?

Went there wednesday & found a lot of structural changes as they've tied in with the city and the equestrian group & now have way more permanent buildings. As johnny37 says it's now more of an event with vendors of all stripes taking up 1/3 of the space. As usual prices make no sense ...it's an ok carshow though and if down here might as well go.

Ringling Brothers Circus would have been proud of what this has become. Their saying that "there is one born every minute" certainly holds true too...

Russ

I would like them to set aside one day just to auction off all the Corvettes, so we don't have to go through the misery of of watching every Corvette built by man slowly inch it's way across the auction floor.

C'mon man, how are you going to have a "Lifestyles of the Rich and Foolish" type show without Corvettes or Harleys?

How about that 57 Tbird on there now... very quickly went to $300,000

EDITED:

C
How about that 57 Tbird on there now... very quickly went to $300,000

Rare "e" code with a stick in a very desirable colour. Minter is well known for his t-bird restorations.

Amazed it was not in the special lot number series for later in the evening
That other rare '57 Sungold t-bird (lot 7002) will be another to watch.

As for Snakebit, waiting for later tonight.

$450,000 for the Saskachewan truck. Gene, Shannon, the Premier, the CEO of Ford Canada and a bunch of Roughrider fans all there.

Interesting TV show, I guess...but I'm not really interested in high $$$$ shop made perfect hot rod and pretend muscle cars.

To me all it does is drive the price up for some people selling an "old car" because they think it is near the same price as on a "reality" TV show.