Back from lurking now with pics

Great little car alright, regarding the tri 4 bar I really don't think you will need a Panard bar, I have a tri 4 bar set up and no panard bar ............. yes they will fight against each other if you fit one.

Thanks guys.. I think I will take the advice and install a panhard bar for extra protection. Hope to have it road worthy for summer or at the least Kalamazoo. Have work to do on the weaver auto crane tow boom but should make for some conversation as a tow truck. Brian there is something unique I like about these t trucks. Seeing yours at Kalamazoo has been inspirational to say the least.

Contrary to the previous advice, I would recommend that you do not use a Panhard rod with the angled upper links. As it is, the angled upper links prevent lateral movement as the axle goes up and down. A panhard rod locates the axle laterally but forces it to follow an arc as it goes up and down so there is some lateral movement as dictated by the arc (length of panhard rod would change arc). The Panhard rod will fight the tapered upper links and one or the other has to give, which could cause breakage.

A Watts linkage would work with the tapered upper links as long as it is acting on the same plane as the upper links. A Watts linkage adds a bunch of redundant complexity and should not be needed.

Looks like you're using Heim type rod ends which have published load limits. Based on the link angles you can calculate the link load from lateral cornering force and combine that with the effect of wheel torque for acceleration or braking to confirm that the links and rod ends are strong enough.

As for the front axle, it's not clear from the pictures, but it does need a Panhard rod. It looks like you are using a rack & pinion. If the rack & pinion is mounted directly to the axle it will eliminate any bump steer.

Cheers, John

Last edited:
To be 'period' correct you'd need a hand crank.
So how about 'Kranki 'T' Towing'.
I like the wheels bty. Always put shiny wheels on first. LOL!!

Suggestions on door logo accepted. Thought of My "T" Fine Towing

Can I rant for a moment, not that it is going to do any good? IF you are going to quote someone, please exclude (delete) the pictures out of your quote, everyone has already seen them, and for those of us living way back in the bush and has only dial-up at home (all I can have) it takes awhile to down load the same pictures again! Thanks. End of rant.

In regards to the door logo, this could mean either the words or the art work or both. Just a heads up, I wanted to do some on my patina truck and found a sign shop that would do distressed format decals and they are much cheaper then sign painting. I am very happy with the look.