Any bc certified inspectors on here to answer a question about mods?

weiss4967

Hi everyone, hoping there might be someone out there who works in a shop that does indpections.

Firstly, my daily driver is a 46 rat hudson pickup, but this question is about one of our other loves, which is volkswagons.
I have a 65 vw ghia the was professionally converted to electric in 1999 and used as a daily driver since.
It was upgraded to lithium ion batteries last year, including new controller and upgraded drive motor.
Drivetrain remains stock, and its a rust free California car.
It's not registered in bc and I'm wondering if it will be viewed differently for inspection or will simply have same mechanical components (brakes, lights, horn, front end, shocks ect ect ) inspected and passed based on the condition of those?
Thanks for any help!

As far as I know, for registration purposes an inspection is for safety items. I am not a tech, but I run a shop full. I can check with them in the morning and see if they foresee any problems.

In Ontario, Once an EV passes cert, you get two big "E" stickers from the MTO. Place them on your front and rear windshield to alert first responders that the vehicle has the potential of high voltage lines that could be cut in the event of an accident.

Sorry Weiss. Memory like an Etch-a-Sketch. When I noticed this tonight, I called one of my techs. He saw it the same, could run on fish oil for all he cared, as long as it wasnt leaking on the exhaust manifold, he didn't care. He would check over the safety items, and make sure any modifications didn't look scabby. He did mention that he wondered the weight rating of the chassis with a bunch of batteries mounted in there, but his words were " if it looks like a nice install, and has been running for a while without stress cracks, it cant be too bad".

Hope this isnt too late to help.
Thumper

....not to hijack this thread....but I would love to see pics of this car and the installation....