Stirling Car Show and Flea Market April29-May1

So where is everyone located in the park? Always good to meet new folks!

Just got back from Stirling meet Chris just look for the Brass Model t's and the 29 ford phaeton in the middle just ask. Every one at the show knows Chris.

Great to meet you today Shorts, keep in touch man. Seems like we are sort of into the same junk and could probably get into trouble together really easy,ha,ha..... Kitty corner acroos from the big yellow fry trailer, or as Shorts said look for the brass Model T's , they're my brothers stuff, I'm directly across from them.
Chris.

Are you guys having a lend of us ............. you never left your lounge rooms did you :eek:, hahaha, if you did go then where is the photographic evidence, mmmmm aaaaaa. :)

Oh come on!!

I drive 1 1/2 hours to get to the swap meet, pay my $5 to get in and what greets me?

You guessed it SOCKS!!!

30%20Apr%202011%20001.JPG_595.jpg

After my initial shock and despair I made my way around the rest of the park.
Some good projects to be had, even if the asking prices were a bit steep:
30%20Apr%202011%20002.JPG_595.jpg

$11,000

30%20Apr%202011%20014.JPG_595.jpg

Did not get a price on this one

30%20Apr%202011%20005.JPG_595.jpg

$1500!!! Chevy, needed a ton of work, but its good I do not have room in the garage.

Then I made my way around to the show side:
30%20Apr%202011%20053.JPG_595.jpg

There are about 60 pics in here:
I have more pics in here:
Stirling

Could not have asked for better weather, it surely shined on us today.

Last edited:
I did not realize that the entire town uses this day to have yard/garage sales. I think the whole town had one, if I would have known I would have taken the time to stop at some of the outside sales.

Just got back.Was talking to the guy with the sedan body ,he sold it for $700.
Great swap meet will definatly go back.

Thanks for posting pics of socks. went friday he was not set up yet. did you meet some of the guys at the show looks like a good turn out of cars love the Willys.

Just got back.Was talking to the guy with the sedan body ,he sold it for $700.
Great swap meet will definatly go back.

damn if i knew that i would of bought it, now i feel stupid for not asking

the guy there with the 4-door model a sedan wanted 1600

Think he was pulling your leg about the 700. I had offered him $1200 Friday morning and he turned it down, some guys have all the fun,ha,ha. The model t roadster must not have been too bad a buy either,mu brother sold it and another like it that was still at home, and as foe the Chevy roadster,it would have been a he'll of a lot more money if it had been a Model T too, wouldn't have still been on the trailer either ,ha,ha. Can't give that wooden GM stuff away! Notice too that sock guy was way over off the beaten path, intentionally of coarse. He likely will not be there. next year. I had probably the best year I've ever had for sales and am currently marking the X's on my calendar to count down next years market already.... Good to meet you guys who made it too. Oh yeah ,mark. The coke sign is gone, $2500.
Chris.

Pete, I arrange a bus trip every October to George's place, sold out for 5 years straight now! I was invited to come back to the Farmerville show , but it is Syracuse weekend so looks like I'll probably not be there unless it's to deliver sold items one weekend or some night again...... Good to see you guys this past weekend, let me know when you're sick of the Darts tourney trophy,ha,ha....or was that a Spelling Bee award?
Chris.

lol i looked for ya Chris ......nadda and even hung out with Steve for a bit before carrying on and was plenty thirsty by that time --was great day sat-be no way find you at Syracuse thats for sure if cant find you at Stirling lol

Cheers Shane

Shane, the cooler was right in the back of the truck buddy, always is. Please make yourself at home next time, I'll be back in a bit as I wander the grounds occasionally too,ha,ha. Syracuse should be fairly easy, I'll be in the Arties Party
building , the same place where Gene Winfield will be hanging out again this year. Also the only building with air conditioning as I understand it , seems that Artie has someone donating AC units for the stripers this year, cool sponsor (pun intended) You must have been to Stirling in the morning bud, Steve took off for a Snowmobile banquet in the afternoon. Or did you make it out Sunday? I would have liked to sat and chatted with you,sorry.

well didn't see you guys asked across the brass t,s but no one knew
was a long tip back for me got to colborne an hour plus drive away and
realized I had left my cell at the show . Had to drive back and get it
bit of a pee off but oh well ....at least I got it back