So....What really did happen to the CSRA?

Jeff Norwell

Did it really die?
Is anybody started a regional club?(I mean hotrods.....not 3 wheeled italian cars)
Lets here some opinions.....

Hi Jeff
I was talking to Gary Charity at performance world this year an he said that CSRA is GONE......... some financial problems. ie lost monies at Markham(Can -Nats ) Last year.
Dennis :(

Ahh,.....the famed"I won an engine and never got it".....
Was that you 28Abone?

Alot of promises never came true...

The last I heard they were getting membership renewals and they had some money in the bank, but from there only the board knows.
Yes some one is trying to start a new club.Paul Barber at Hortons had the information.

Although I'm listed as a director most of what I have heard is hearsay.
The main thing is finances, Canat's 2007 lost money, the magazine was gorgeous but production values were apparently too high to maintain it's run. Typically as financial pressures mount, tempers flare, guys started abandoning their posts or were run off when personal attacks erupted from the current troubles.
The November AGM didn't make quorum neither did a second attempt in December? A third attempt has not been made yet.
Now it in a state of being both short on funds and people.
I still have a password to maintain the website, I don't know if the hosting bills are being paid or not though and so don't know how long it'll stay up.
I'm trying to keep some basic information there in case of recovery, while at the same time directing rodders to better resources, here for example.
Mike

Excellant Mike.
One thing we need is a lobbyist....we need a voice in goverment.....
In some provinces we still have no definition of what our hobby is.
This is a main concern of mine.I would like to see provincial "chapters".....a big task.
And it needs to be a paid deal.
My heart goes out to all those involved in the past..... but the volunteer option has short reigns,,,, very short.
All kinds of blame has been thrown around.... but we need a solid leadership.period.

A VERY tall order.

We cannot look to our brothers south.... there organizations are at a completely different level.
Our population and logistics just don't work that way.And Unity.....we need a ton of that and more.

I was involved with the "First" Canadian Nats here in London in 1972. There were troubles even then.. In fighting... castle protection.... politics, etc. Jeff, you're right we do need a provincial voice that can and will combine into a national voice. For "gentlemen of like minds" to come together to serve and protect our hobby/obsession/ whatever the hell you want to call it. No offence Mike, you know I love Ya, but "Right Coast" is a great alternative for the guys ON the right coast a little south of us. I don't think they are prepared to back up our friends on The "Wet coast", do you??? I think we have the seed right here in our very own backyard. This site, IS national, IS provincial, and IS local!! I don't know of any other Canadian site as large or more cross country representative... well at least in our passion. Isn't that what SEMA is? Nation wide and representative of all geographic areas coming together to voice displeasure in certain legislation, both federal and local and able to fight for the little guy?
Anybody else have some thoughts???

P.S. Jeff you do realize all the organizations to the south NSRA, Good Guys, Right Coast, etc., are "Inc." right, and nobody serves for free.

Last edited: