Sept 28, 2014 -The end of the cruse season Southern Alberta Show

351CFalcon

Supporting Member
Yuppers, it's time for the 12th River City Car Club show in High River Alberta.

This is usually the biggest show for almost the end of the cruise season.

Upwards of 1200 or more rides will show up if the weather is nice.
Forecast calls for sunny and 15C, but only 5C in the morning.

Registration opens at 7AM but the power parkers will be arriving much earlier.
If you get there by 9, you will be on the grass next to the old tracks that are now a gravel road, or wherever.

Show runs from 10 - 4.

I made a trip today to check out the Town.

Several streets will be closed as the Town ripped up a few more just a couple of weeks ago, however, one or two might be paved by then to re-open for parking.

Apparently the park grass is off limits.

Oh, if you're going, take food, snacks and beverages, not many businesses are opened in the downtown yet.

Last edited:
Last year there were a lot of street food carts and trucks so I'd check on them before you take your own because they would appreciate the support and business.

The Mayor was on the radio, said 40+ vendors & room for everyone at the show.

Weather looking good 15/sunny. Really looking forward to this show it never disappoints!

Today was the last big show of the season.

Left Black Diamond at 6:50 as the fog was rolling in.
Thick in quite a few places.

The show started off very slowly.

It was "bloody" cold and the wind was sharp. At one time, temperature was falling and you could see your breath,
It was that way most of the morning and the sun finally did peak out after lunch.

No doubt this kept some of the people at home...for a while.

By eleven, 759 cars were registered. By 1:30, it was packed.

Didn't hear the final count.

A few new rides not seen before, there was a red Charger with a 4 inch chop. So well done that you kept looking trying to figure it out. Looked very factory.

However, the number of 66 - 67 Chevelles /Beaumonts were unbelievable.
Never seen so many in one spot.

Took the camera and never took a pic.

Lots of spectators and for the life of me, I can't figure out why people must bring their dogs. Too many and a few uncontrollable ones too.
That and way too many mini-dounut trucks.

Last edited:
It was cold for sure, but a great show and darn those 67 chevelles & beaumonts! :p.

The size and variety of that show never disappoints, and I walked away with inspiration for a whole new look for my car.

There was a accident involving a rod northbound just after the bridge any info on this?

There was a accident involving a rod northbound just after the bridge any info on this?

I saw the aftermath of that accident too. I think the car involved was that nice little Model A pickup with the tilting box. I haven't seen anything in the local press about it so hopefully the owner or driver is okay. The box, cab and chassis were spread over quite an area but the cab looked remarkably intact. It sure gives a guy an awful feeling to drive by something like that.

I don't have any first-hand knowledge but there are posts on a local car-related Facebook group indicating that the driver survived the crash. According to the info that was posted the truck was equipped with a full harness and the driver was buckled in.

I don't have any first-hand knowledge but there are posts on a local car-related Facebook group indicating that the driver survived the crash. According to the info that was posted the truck was equipped with a full harness and the driver was buckled in.

and today (3 October) a post that the driver succumbed to his injuries and passed away yesterday.

The driver that passed away

and today (3 October) a post that the driver succumbed to his injuries and passed away yesterday.

The driver (owner) of the '32 Ford Pickup was RUSSELL SICK.
The license plate on the truck said "SICK 32"

Does anyone have any information on funeral / memorial services?