Nag Nag Nag.

Ford_Fellow

Tis the time of year that should go through the shop and get rid of fire hazards like the oily rags and the rags that have solvent in them and all the the little things that can cause a fire.......John just reminded me to shake up my fire extingquishers and I looked at the tag and them bin there since ninty-eight. Just yesterday it seems.....YOU DO NOT WANT THIS TO HAPPEN.

garagetourquesnel2004041.jpg

garagetourquesnel2004048.jpg

Ahh, John, he is right! Out here in the high hazard area, we have our extinguishers inspected by pro's once a year! Every month you should give them a few bottom to top turns so they don't turn solid (they don't work well in solid lumps).

If we are putting a reminder out there (nag, nag, nag), there are several more concerns to consider:

-Mouse poop from the little buggers. Deer mice or bird poop will take you down a short road to lung infections and probably death. If you need info, please ask, I can send you some awareness stuff.

-Through out those 'used' paper dust masks (they really were not made to be re-used). Changing out your resperator cartridges, if you use that style, as there is a 'open package' time expiry.

-There were conversations this past fall about using carbon dioxide monitors in you shops, time to cahnge the batteries in them and you smoke detectors (might as well do the house ones too, usually at time change intervals).

-Using compressed air to 'clean' the shop; please use the correct ppe (personal protective equipment): In my shop, because of the type of grinding dusts, potential for deer mice poop, and other 'fall-out' materials, I use throw out coveralls and a full face resperator.

Anyways, that soap box is what I use during the day, sometimes it is good to take your work home with you.

Thanks Hugh,
Greg

If you need further info on mice crap/pidgeon crap etc feel free to pm me.
we specialize in the clean up of stuff like that...well someone has to!!!!

Ilse pierre was brian weium's little fire, was it not? A cryin shame. Alot of Ford history got sizzled that day.:( I need a moment of sileince.:(

The 56 Victoria looks like a nice 50s style custom and a Crown next to it. When did this happen? What a sin.:(