Saskatchewan girl a winner

John in Oz

I just thought some of you guys might be interested in this. I just got the latest New Zealand Hot Rod magazine and at the Taranki Americarna festival which by the look of it is a good run. She was crowned Miss Americarna and mate not a bad looking little lady either.

Her name is Abra Hilton she's a lovely looking 24 year old from Saskatchewan.

Maybe some of you here know her because it does say she is a car buff as well.

Anyway I just thought some of you might have known her or were interested to know.

Cheers and Beers, John

Mike I'll scan a pic of ittomorrow morning If I can remember how to do it and post it for you.

Cheers, John

A link or two
http://www.missamericarna.co.nz/
http://phonam.multiply.com/photos/album/45/Miss_Americarna_2008#2

and a pic!

2111_NZA08.jpg

Well our roads might be the worst in western Canada, but not our ladies. Good for her.

Well I'll be ... she is the daughter of one of my wife's relatives!!
I met her at a family reunion two years ago!!

What's even more interesting, she even talks with an "Aussie" accent!

Last edited:
When I see pics like that...MMMMmmmmm...Old sucks..ah well at least I still my memor..:confused:..y what was I thinkin.......:cool:

That's really neat Digger!! I kinda figured that someone would know her. Saskatchewan's not THAT big! :D

Well, if she shares genes with Dianne it's no wonder she won.

Thanks for the photo there Mike, the photo in the Magazine she even looks better, mind you it is just a shot of her driving along so you can only see head and shoulder of her.

Well trust you eh Digger, I heard about you standing there with the Pope and another person asking who is that standing there with Digger:)

The guy driving the car has a tattoo and she is sitting in the passengers seat but the way the photo is it looks like her hand on the wheel and another member on here (who we wont name for now) when I showed him the mag said ohhh isn't it a shame about the tattoo on her arm like that.

I've got to scan that later so you can see how he was tricked.

Cheers John

Gezze guys; if I show Dianne your comments, she will be walking around with her head "in the air!"

Abra was born in a little place called Grenfeld, it's about a "stones throw" out of Regina.
She and her parents toured "OZ" when she was about 5 years old.
She swore she loved the place so much, that as soon as she finished her education, she was going back.

Well she did return, and worked as a tour guide. She "absorbed" the accent so well, that even the locals (NZ) didn't know she was a Canadian!!

At the reunion she even fooled me with her accent.
I thought she was one of the "Aussie" relatives.
When I found out she was born in Saskatchewan, I asked if she was "putting on" the accent, she looked at me kinda funny and said, "What accent??"

Her mom and dad have good reason to be very proud!!

Abra was born in a little place called Grenfeld, it's about a "stones throw" out of Regina.

Grenfell!! That's not far from where mom and I are from, Whitewood. Grenfell is about 30-40 mins west of Whitewood, right in between Regina and Whitewood, on the #1 Highway! (I can't remember how far) Awesome! :p

Gezze guys; if I show Dianne your comments, she will be walking around with her head "in the air!"

At the reunion she even fooled me with her accent.
I thought she was one of the "Aussie" relatives.
When I found out she was born in Saskatchewan, I asked if she was "putting on" the accent, she looked at me kinda funny and said, "What accent??"

Her mom and dad have good reason to be very proud!!

Hahahahaha, see Digger we don't have the accent it's you guys that have it, hahahahaha, that's funny.

You can pick a Kiwi accent from an Ozzie one as well.

I tried scanning that photo from the mag and got it but what I need to do is crop it somehow, I know there will be a way to do it but I'll have to get the instruction book out, it does almost look like she has a tough sticker but when you look at it the guy is wearing a long sleeves shirt with the sleeve pulled part way up.

You'll have to tell the relations to get on here for a look of their little girl.

C'ya mate, John

Last edited:
Depends which direction you're travelling, from the US Border to the Territory border or Man. to Alta. :D

You got a point there!! But the population is another thing. The population of ALL of Saskatchewan is equivalent to the population of Calgary. Not for long! :D