T-bucket body manufacturers in Ontario ?

Keeper

Supporting Member
I am in the process of trying to get a VIN/ownership for my t-bucket project. One of the things they want is the name of the Manufacturer of the body. I have no idea who it is, and the guy I bought it from doesn't know either as he bought it off someone else that dumped the project.

So now I am trying to track it down. I know I can swear saying that I do not know, but tracking the manufacturer will just make life easier.

Any ideas out there? I found a place called "www.showcars-bodyparts.com" but I cannot get anyone to answer the phone. So not much help there.

Only identifying mark I can see that is different is a Maple Leaf in the lower right hand corner of the tailgate. Other then that its bare.

I also have to get an appraisal before so they can tax me on the appraised value, instead of the purchase price (GET A RECEIPT, when buying off the classifieds). With the nice HST 13% thats going to hurt a bit. Wish I would have read up on this prior to putting money into it!

Any help out there?

Update.

Got a call from showcars, he steered me in the direction of Dave at "Ram Rod".

The search continues.

FWIW you can get an appraisal done by anyone that is a licenced dealer. If you need help in this area, shoot me a PM

That's good to know. Turns out a friend of my wife does them.

On the plus side, the car, not being complete and still needing tons of work should keep the number down to a reasonable tax bracket.

On the downside I will have to fork out the cash for another appraisal once its done for insurance, but by then I will be a happy camper that its complete!

The MTO appraisal is something like 40 or 45 bux. An insurance appraisal will cost ya upwards of $150.

I am in the process of trying to get a VIN/ownership for my t-bucket project. One of the things they want is the name of the Manufacturer of the body. I have no idea who it is, and the guy I bought it from doesn't know either as he bought it off someone else that dumped the project.

So now I am trying to track it down. I know I can swear saying that I do not know, but tracking the manufacturer will just make life easier.

Any ideas out there? I found a place called "www.showcars-bodyparts.com" but I cannot get anyone to answer the phone. So not much help there.

Only identifying mark I can see that is different is a Maple Leaf in the lower right hand corner of the tailgate. Other then that its bare.

I also have to get an appraisal before so they can tax me on the appraised value, instead of the purchase price (GET A RECEIPT, when buying off the classifieds). With the nice HST 13% thats going to hurt a bit. Wish I would have read up on this prior to putting money into it!

Any help out there?

I'd suggest you contact my friends @ the NTBA (National T-Bucket Alliance) they have eyes n ears on most ANYTHING 'T' related (even Canadian issues) :rolleyes:

I am a member of the forums over at the NTBA as well. Lots of info.

According to the MTO, all I need is the appraisal and I can get my registration, and VIN.

Biggest part was tracking down all the receipts for the parts, metal for the car. I had them all, but they were spread throughout the house and garage.

Update.

Got a call from showcars, he steered me in the direction of Dave at "Ram Rod".

The search continues.

Keeper,
That would be Dave Teale. He moved to New Brunswick 5-6 years ago along with his business. Last I heard, he was making large truck parts, fenders, hoods and such and not too many car parts. He was at the Barrie Flea Market a few years ago with only Model "A" parts. Don't know where he is now, or what he's doing.
Mike

Thanks. From what I got from the previous owner, he picked up the body at the Barrie flea market. hmmmm

When Dave was living & working in Ontario, he attended the Barrie Flea market faithfully. It's very likely that your body is on of his. (Ramrod) I remember his catalog listing such a body.
Mike

Good to know.

Got my appraisal done today.

List of reason for value appraised:

Needs full interior
Needs brake system
Needs fuel system
Needs electrical system
Needs body work
Needs cooling system...

On and on.

Needless to say the appraised value is what I paid for it.

T-bucket

Those were made in Vancouver, BC, by Gary Lang.... the maple leaf on the tailgate was his signature..in the 80's..later Bruce Faulkner was building the same body.. [ borrowed ??] with the same maple leaf.. He did reside is Sask for a few years, but do not know if he sold any there.. wow from Van. to Ontario...

Thats pretty cool.

Wonder if only the tailgate came that far, its not attached yet so would be much easier to ship.