Stolen parts and stuff

mr57

I had a bunch of stuff stolen from me herre last week. If anyone comes across any of this stuff, let me know. I am sure this was targeted, not some random arseholes looking for scrap.

STOLEN:
1955 Chevy car grille - like new

1957 Chevy car front end sheetmetal - this is the front end that was on my hardtop on the Feb. 88 cover of 567News. Front fenders, inners, uncut V-8 rad cradle, splash aprons, horns, and side trim. This had the bottom splash apron extended out and welded/molded in. The chrome tube grille was not on it, but this was taken as well. Paint on it was midnight blue pearl with silver flames. There was still one or two of the gold louvers on it.

two 567 two door post doors. One was dark green metallic, the other light blue. Both were complete w/regulators and glass and were from 150 series cars - no side trim or stainless.

Blue wooden box approx 2' x 2' x 4' full of 57 stuff - headlight bezels and pots, hood rockets, extensions, and taillight stuff, plus a few regulators

Several 6 cyl. starter and generator cores

'848' casting 261 head

12 bolt posi rear end out of 1969 or 70 Chevy station wagon - old white spraybomb paint job highway gears 2.90's or 3.08.

Also taken were two Volkswagens - a yellow type 3 squareback and a early 60's beetle, cherry red in color.

There were some other things taken, not quite sure what all yet - most likely 56 Pontiac stuff - bumpers, fenders, and such.

front frame clip from late 70's Trans Am. Complete including all lines and proportioning valve

Any info on this would be appreciated.

I'm going too, will keep an eye open and the cell phone ready...

Where was this stuff stored?

....also watch Kijiji parts, Craigslist, local Buy and Sell type papers, and other swap meets large and small.....also file a police report and insurance report (if you haven't already)....when you catch them, I'll supply the rope....

Strip 'em, shave 'em, wet 'em, and stick 'em on a subzero cold pipe. :eek:

Last edited:
...Ouch. ... Rotten bastards... Majestics Swap Meet in Regina on Saturday morning. Be there early ( doors open 9am) never know, you just might find some of your stuff....
Stan. ......................

...Ouch. ... Rotten bastards... never know, you just might find some of your stuff....
Stan. ......................

Finding the stuff is important, but finding the scumbag and the stuff would be better.
Must have been gone for more than a week, cuz otherwise you could still see them driving. (being from Sask)

"I am sure this was targeted, not some random arseholes looking for scrap."

That is a big problem with selling stuff as you generally don't know anything about the people that show up to view. I've had things stolen years back & I'm almost sure it was two guys that came to look at a '65 mustang project car. A few days later tools, ramps, etc. gone! I doubt they had any interest in the mustang, just an in to see whats inside. I doubt we'll see any of your stuff this far away but sure will keep an eye out.

hmmm sounds like these basturds need to have there hands put in a door jam and have a door slammed on them ........Bin there done that and it was awsome to see them scream and cry then called the cops to come and get them ... not like they were going to go any where with there hands lock in the door jam:D. I will also keep an eye and ear out

It may be too far west, but you never know, so I'll post your list on the board at the store, as well as keep an eye out for anyone trying to sell it.
Hope you catch the S.O.B.'s.

Not often that a person gets most of his stuff back. I am happy to say, though, I got everything back except the 55 Chevy car grille. No charges laid, but I did get an apology and he even loaded everything up for me!

That being said, anyone need a 12 bolt posi?? :)

Not often that a person gets most of his stuff back. I am happy to say, though, I got everything back except the 55 Chevy car grille. No charges laid, but I did get an apology and he even loaded everything up for me!

I'm happy for your too:); but I don't understand.:confused: No charges laid??? The thief loaded up your stuff for you???

You're missing a grille & it sounds like you know who took it. I think he still owes you grille in addition to the apology. Maybe you should get to pick whatever you want from his property for restitution.

...Good to hear you got your parts back. BUT... No Charges??? If that guy stole my parts, he'd want to go to jail... for protection.......
Stan. ..........

I think that there is a story here that everybody wants to hear..:confused:

Russ

...ya, whs....we can only keep the lynch mob, the Crucifixion crowd, and Worlocks with a stake and torches, at bay for so long.....

Last edited:
MR 57 is showing a lot of class and restraint by not revealing the details. Lets face it, just because the thief isn't facing criminal chargers doesn't mean he hasn't been punished. Hope it takes him a long time to recover from his injuries.

Last edited:
Wow George, I didn't know about this happening. I can't beleive that someone in this small town would think of doing that. That's crazy. Good to hear that you got most of it back though.