Any Edmonton Guys know Steve Phillips? (HemiSteve)

Deuce-Merchant

Just curious.
I traded him some parts, but never got my parts in return.
I see he hasnt logged into any of the forums since we last spoke.
I called him yesterday and got no answer and no reply.

Just wondering if something happened to him?
I hope not.

Kelly

I have bought some stuff from Steve.He works in the oil fields..he sometimes does not get to a computer for 2-3 weeks...
I have had no problems with him and he will get back to you.

Its been over 3 weeks now since I sent Steve my parts, I havent heard from him, and he has not answered or returned my calls.

Anyone else got any info on this guy?

Kelly

Last edited:
Kelly, some of these shifts up here are less than ideal for a family man....never mind someone who wants to belong to a club, take a course or have a regular Sat or Sun breakfast meetings....Just a bit more time may bring your wish and contact.
Nope, don't know him, but do know the lifestyle...sometimes too close says my better half.
Greg

I've got to agree with Greg,
I have a deal pending with a Guy from the oilpatch and the only day he has off is the 9th December and we've been talking for 5 weeks.
Patience hopefully will reap rewards.

I don't know Steve well, but have talked with him quite a few times at swap meets. He always has the coolest parts.
I wouldn't start worrying yet, as he seems like a good honest guy, but like I said I don't know him to well.

I hoped you guys were right, and you were.
Steve just got out of the hospital - had a heart attack on Sunday, Nov 7 (actually early Monday morning).
He is home now, so those of you guys that know him should give him a buzz.
Sounds like he is ok, but dont have a lot of info yet.

Thanks guys
Kelly

Last edited:
Hey guys I know this is a super old thread but does anyone know anything about Steve's current whereabouts or if he is alright? There are a number of guys in the U.S. that have paid him for parts a few months ago and can't seem to get a hold of him and haven't got their stuff yet.

hmmm, well that sucks, I wonder resolved yet? I really need what he had for sale.

As of a week or so ago no it wasn't and it has been ongoing for months. A couple of people even contacted Steve and he basically said he knew and then did nothing about resolving it. Who knows you may be buying parts some guy has already paid for. Not a guy I would deal with no matter how bad I need his parts.

Edit: I just talked to one of the guys he ripped off for $1100 US and he still hasn't received his parts been ongoing since March. I have Steve's phone number if you want it you can text me. Maybe we could see if Steve still has this guys parts as well.

Last edited:
There are 8 pages of banter on the HAMB and sure puts a sour taste in our friends south of the border wanting to buy north. :mad:
Also went by halibrandsteve

There are 8 pages of banter on the HAMB and sure puts a sour taste in our friends south of the border wanting to buy north. :mad:
Also went by halibrandsteve

After 8 pages,it got shut down.

However, in Canada, FRAUD is a civil matter, not a criminal matter, therefore the police will not usually get involved, whereas in the USA, it's a felony, just like writing bad checks.

Different countries. Different laws.

Unfortunately it was never pointed out to the American buyers.

Last edited: