Bullitt & Vanishing Point

the old trucker

I don't remember posting this here before, so here we go. Myself & a good friend were thinking & talking about old car movies that we have watched back in the day. Two that came to mind are Bullitt, Steve McQueen, & Vanishing Point, Barry Newman.
I have been looking all over to see if there are any sites that we can dial into & watch these great movies again. Thanks guys.

OT.

O.T.

I think both are available on DVD....maybe google it. I have Bullit on DVD...

Both shows were great, but Bullit was the best !!

old trucker... I tried to buy a copy of Thunder Road from some movie joint in the states... Gomer tells me" We don't ship to Canader" Jezuz H Christ..... Frank

I know that segments of Bullitt can be watched on Youtube, but I'm not sure about the whole movie. As for Vanishing Point, I'm not sure. I have both on DVD. I know that Bullitt was available at some stores a few years ago (Wal Mart, HMV, Zeller's). There are several places here in Ontario that deal in old movies. One place is called The Silver Screen in Niagara-On-The-Lake Ont, and the other is called The Sugar Shack in Kirkfield Ont. Hope you can find them. They are great movies.

I sell Vanishing Point on DVD at shows and a number of customers have told me about a remake. I have been trying to find it. Whenever I see a copy on ebay they want $40+ Has anyone seen it, is it good?

old trucker... I tried to buy a copy of Thunder Road from some movie joint in the states... Gomer tells me" We don't ship to Canader" Jezuz H Christ..... Frank

I have a couple of friends that live just accross the line. I could probably get them to pick it up. I watched Bullitt on Netflix a couple of weeks ago. There are clips of VP on YouTube, I watched them last night. Is Thunder Road like these movies. I will look on Netflix for it.

Thanks from OT.

I sell Vanishing Point on DVD at shows and a number of customers have told me about a remake. I have been trying to find it. Whenever I see a copy on ebay they want $40+ Has anyone seen it, is it good?

You have Vanishing Point for sale now ?? How much $$$. Are they originals or copies ??

OT.

It was a "made for tv" remake. I have a copy but have never watched it, heard that its a little different.

I have all three on DVD. Bullit, the original Vanishing Point and the remake Vanishing Point that is.

The remake of Vanishing Point is usually available at Wal-Mart for cheap. I found the original Vanishing Point at Future Shop for $20, and I know Bullit is available at HMV, Future Shop and Best Buy. I imagine any of those three stores could get all three movies, they may just not have them currently in stock.

I enjoy both Vanishing Points. They're very different in many regards, but they both have characteristics that made them enjoyable.

Just watched an episode if the TV show Alcatraz. They did a car chase with a new Hemi Charger and a brand new 5.0 Mustang. They copied Bullit right down to the bad guys adjusting the mirror and putting on their seat belts right before the chase starts! Even down the same streets! But, they couldn't get the same sound or suspense as the original. Good try though!

Just watched an episode if the TV show Alcatraz. They did a car chase with a new Hemi Charger and a brand new 5.0 Mustang. They copied Bullit right down to the bad guys adjusting the mirror and putting on their seat belts right before the chase starts! Even down the same streets! But, they couldn't get the same sound or suspense as the original. Good try though!

And the same green volks appears several times throughout the chase, just like in the original.

Last edited:
The part I like best about the original Vanishing Point, is the ending.
The director didn't have the heart to ruin a Dodge Challenger, so the car used to crash into the bulldozer was in fact a 67/68 Camaro. :D

Did the new Charger lose 5 hubcaps like in the original movie?

I only sell original DVD's, would never make or sell copies. What is great about this copy is like many other films put on DVD there is a second audio track where you can enjoy director Richard C. Sarafian's talk about making the film. DVD is $15, marked down from $22

I only sell original DVD's, would never make or sell copies. What is great about this copy is like many other films put on DVD there is a second audio track where you can enjoy director Richard C. Sarafian's talk about making the film. DVD is $15, marked down from $22

This is very "commercial".