Australia garage tours and more !!

Here is another photo of an Australian "fenderless" car.

IMG_0660.jpg

That is EFFin' cool!:cool: Hey, if you gotta have fenders, might as well make 'em disappear!!!;)

Same goes from Bob and Gnome.
Any of the CR bunch that want to do the trip we will be happy to try and accomodate you while you visit our great land. To think it is "just an island" in the South Pacific.

Ozzie Bob:cool:

In that case, we're all just living on islands, it just so happens ours is floating in the N. Pacific, the N. Atlantic AND the Artic Ocean. :D

Last edited:
Bullet, it is an Island, an Island Incontinent, it used to be and Island Continent but since our current Prime Minister we have came into power every one has the shits :D:D:D

John.....thank god I don't have to watch her on TV any more !! I thought
Canadian politics was bad enough on TV but Australia devotes 55 minutes of a 60 minute newscast to state and federal politics.

I liked the bumper sticker.....G.R.O.G. party....please join.

It means "Get rid of Gilliard"

Keith:

Sounds like you had a great trip to Oz as we did last March. Those guys are great hosts and treat their guests like long lost friends. Looks like we both covered some of the same ground while there. I think I recognize Wally and Michael Deskin's C and W Components shop and I know you visited Dennis and Lynn Campbell in Tweed Heads. We stayed with them for a few days and were also treated to an inpromptu car show on their lawn. Count on John and Jan Taylor to ensure that you are well immersed in Australian Hot Rod Culture if you are anywhere near Brisbane.

Glad you enjoyed it.

Jack, Dennis and Lynn hosted us and other for brekky......beautiful spot they live in. And, yes, Wally and Michael and the Glass car shop treated us like royalty.
They build damn nice cars.

Jack, Dennis and Lynn hosted us and other for brekky......beautiful spot they live in. And, yes, Wally and Michael and the Glass car shop treated us like royalty.
They build damn nice cars.

Except those dam planes, now lets see if we got onto the green party we could stop those planes :D:D:D, get rid of the sharks out of the creek .. we could swim in there and get rid of the pool :D:D and build a shed there.

I have known Wally for a long time now and he has always done the best he can for people and Micheal has grown into a really nice man. They are continually upgrading and learning better ways to do their work, I would say that those are the best bodies in the world, I looked at the look on your face Keith when he laid the door skin on the floor and jumped on it, they use all the latest matterials and as you saw Wally was updating the moulds yet again and improving how they lay them up.

JAX40, at least Dennis was home this time :)

Boy! Do they have good taste in cars down there! Great looking rides, every one of them.

Sheldon

Wow Keith, looks like you had a great trip. Those folks down there sure know how to treat you right. I,m in Hong Kong right now visiting my son and my newest grandson, no old cars here just Lambos, Porches and the like. Nice pictures you posted, thanks.

carl

That silver Aston Martin along with an E type Jag was in the shop because they had gone under in the floods last year, Grahame and his team had gone right through those cars because of that reason, they also do a lot of other great work there and not just build rods.

I was trying to find photos of cars with cycle fenders and this thread has a few including one with tread on the fender.

While the pick-up is not rare, the stainless steel option around the back of the cab is.
Very hard to find pieces if they are dented, scratched, and/or missing.
Even more difficult if you're in Aussie land.

^It also appears to have a factory bumper, but one that's been flipped upside down and tucked closer to the body. Even the mounting brackets are a rare item!

6a00d83451b3c669e20120a8af2fb3970b-800wi

Big M that is just the way they came out ....... remember it is down under so a lot of things apear upside down :D:D:D