Swap Meet in Melville

Well we had a great day in Melville today. We had a lot more shoppers come through than we had expected. Also the attendance of vendors we were happy with too, as we were't needing people to pre register we didn't know who was coming. A big " Thank You " to Al (Boyd Who) for making the long drive to come out and set up here with us. The weather cooperated today....I have a burnt forehead, forearms, and neck now. We were surprised with two truckloads of guys that came all the way from Regina and MooseJaw area to shop first thing this morning. Next year we will try to make this a bigger and better event yet. I'm greatly appreciated that a few of our fellow CR guys had come out. Al, Pat, George, Aldon, Howard, Rob, Barnett, Stan and whomever I missed, thank you much for coming out and supporting us in our first club swap meet. Most of the pictures that I had taken on my phone had turned out blurry, but I hope someone else has some better pictures to post. Here are the few that had turned out.
5fefe695.jpg

a8215410.jpg

591d3279.jpg

d1bf07b9.jpg

2522d79d.jpg

10dbf69b.jpg

f188d59e.jpg

1323b05a.jpg

3d81afdd.jpg

We'll be setting up and getting together again tomorrow hoping to clear more of our treasures off of our tables. Everyone welcome.
Big thanks to everyone again!!
Terry

Had a GREAT time there, thanks for putting the event on! Financially it was a wash...I barely made enough to pay for my gas, but from a social standpoint it was a perfect day. I had fun meeting some of the CR members and visiting with everyone. I think both Pat and Stan will be posting pics later.

Terry...you can't forget to mention Tom (Oldy57) who made the drive out from Winnipeg to sell some stuff. He dropped by my house on his way home and we discovered the wheels I bought from him were Chevy, not Ford bolt pattern. Damn damn damn!!!!! I was really hoping to use them as mock-up rollers until I could order some custom steelies. :(

Not again Al!! No luck with wheels huh? I carry a wheel bolt pattern disc with me wherever I go. Keep one in every vehicle. Did you keep your receipt and return them? :D I regret not meeting Oldy57. If you still have those wheels when we meet up again, I'll buy them from you. I made up my mind on those wheels, grabbed my cash, and started walking over to get them, when I saw you rolling them to your table. Snooze ya lose huh?
Well take care and we'll hook up sometime this summer.
Terry

Tom took them back as soon as we found out they wouldn't fit, so you'll have to check with him about buying them. It really sucked as they were the exact backspace and size that I was looking for. Murphy's law, I guess. LOL

I didn't realize that you didn't actually meet him today. Very nice guy!

Looking forward to you coming out this way at some point.

...I also grabbed some pictures... First people I found were ... ah... peacefull.... :D

013.jpg

021.jpg

020.jpg

018.jpg

017.jpg

016.jpg

015.jpg

014.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

010.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

006.jpg

009.jpg

...Good meeting you guys that travelled a long ways.
Hopefully this Swap Meet goes Annually...
Stan. ...........

Last edited:
Made it home ok. The traffic was ok. Lots of bugs. Had a great time and sold a few things, I even had a money back guarantee on wheels. I didn't know there were other CR guys there. I did meet a few guys. Terry if you want the wheels I may be heading out west this summer. I will let you know when.

Soooo..... On my way to the swap today, and me being the graceful person I am, I turned my ankle on the edge of the concrete slab in my backyard. Down I went into a rather comical heap clutching a Model A wheel in one hand and a VW bumper in the other. Luckily my gut got in the way of any serious injury. Managed to sell the Model A wheel, and a set of tires, so the day wasn't a loss, but I'm sure tomorrow at work is going to be a painful process.

Thanks to everyone here who showed up to make our first swap meet a success. Those of you guys who travelled a great distance, thanks for showing up, and hope to see you again over the summer.

Thanks to all for posting the pics. Glad the swap went off without a hitch and continues for many years to come.