WTB Worn out Fox body /T-bird Rack for parts

ratrig

Supporting Member
Looking for a worn out rack to salvage the hard line ports in the rack body.
thanks
20230401_174129.jpg

Lee: Are you certain that's a FOX body rack?? Because My Mustang is a '79, and IIRC, the power rack in my shed is aluminum.(Switched to a manual rack) **Fox T-birds ran from 1980 to 1988, my first guess is they'd be the same, but may use a different length tie rod.

Is there no one making a female fitting in steel for those lines? Shouldn't be that hard to tig a new fitting to the rack tube??

James, I have been searching for 2 days now looking for a fem o ring fitting that I can use , with no luck. that is why I am looking to cut one out of a worn rack . This rack came with the clip I bought, advertised as a t Bird rack . I just assumed it was the same as a fox . I guess it maybe they are different .Sorry ,Dont know this ford stuff. And the body IS steel, and where the pinion assembly is is aluminum.

Lee: Just went out to the shed, I dunno about High River, but it sure gets dark at night in Edmonton:)

So, using the flashlight on my phone, it appears you're correct, the side with the PS lines is steel, the opposite side is aluminum. I couldn't use the flashlight and the phones camera at the same time, and the batteries in the flashlight I grabbed are weak, so the pic is not great....

But, just like my Mustang, this rack only has 120K on it, so sadly, I'm sorry, but I'm not willing to sacrifice it for parts.

But there are several shops in Cowtown that deal heavily with Mustangs, might be worth a call on Monday to see if they have any they've already been cannibalizing for parts.
And you have a pretty good chance of finding a rack @ Pick'n'Pull or other u-pull yards in Cowtown.
And once again, an opportunity was missed with the Swap in Red Deer last weekend........

WmGCIsj.jpg

Lee, if you hit a wall on the bung parts, I would spin off a couple for you and mail them over. We can chat if you choose this avenue.

Thanks Greg. That's an interesting idea. I have machinist I use. Maybe I will run it by him.
Thank you for the offer and the idea 💡