World's Greatest Collection -Old Chevy,Ford,Dodge Parts

JOYRIDER

vermont.jpg

Starting bid: US $1,600,000.00

1 Million vintage, classic, and high performance parts and several hundred parts cars. The owner has spent 48 years building this collection. The land (3.9 acres) is included free with your bid.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&viewitem=&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.com%3A80%2Fws%2Fsearch%2FSaleSearch%3Fsofocus%3Dbs%26satitle%3D170204472979%26sacat%3D-1%2526catref%253DC5%26dfsp%3D32%26from%3DR7%26nojspr%3Dy%26pfid%3D0%26fsop%3D32%2526fsoo%253D2%26fcl%3D3%26frpp%3D50%26fvi%3D1&item=170204472979

Last edited:
wow...

I think I just threw up a little. All that tin in one place should be against the law!

...Quite a collection. I saw something similar on E-bay a year or so back. About the same price. Could be the same place. One good thing about all those parts....they didn't get thrown away... Stan..

Me eye's got blurry from so much. It would take another lifetime to get through it all........

Hugh.....................................PTP

That doesn't seem to bad of a deal, if you broke each car down and just sold the parts and cleared $1,000 from each car (at an average because some would get scrapped and some you would make more out of them) you would have to ahead and have the land for nicks, it looks like a big house at the end of the block as well. All you would need is a good business plan to put to the bank and you are in.

C'ya JT

I was just told today about a guy up in the Osoyus(sp?) area with about 400 late 50's early 60's cars and trucks, mostly GM products, that has been told to clean up for enviromental reasons. Sounds like a guy who didn't like to sell anything, but now is forced to. I will try to get more info about it.

Holy Crap! That's insane that you can collect that much.

Did you guys see that John Deere Auction? 1500 Tractors owned by one guy?

Just when yah think we must be running out of this stuff....There must be Tons of old cars around the world yet..I think every road and every shed has a couple old cars stashed..Seems every body knows somebody with one or a story ..I know of about 6or7 yards around with in a 25 mile range with several old cars/trucks..but there just enough money or space to save em all from the crusher as we old turds will be leavin soon..fatchuk

i was gonna buy the place but decided it would take me 2 or 3 years to finish them all and couldnt spare the time..

is there an icon for 'jealous bastard'?

Whoever the guy was that amassed that collection, he had an eye for organization, and I bet he'd be the kind of guy who would be asked for a particular part, and he could walk directly to it knowing full well where he'd stashed it.

Quite the collection..... and I bet heart-breaking to the family concerned. On a far lesser scale, Davey and I have talked about the chore involved when someday our own "collections" need to be liquidated.......yikes.