Working o the El Camino

PG409

Supporting Member
My list is still long but we are getting there. Gave up on the wiper motor and ordering a Newport tomorrow from So/Cal in Surrey. Got the seats out because have to remove glove box, then abs shroud around air unit so I can remove heater/air levers. Two are frozen and two disconnected. I hate laying under dashes.
the bed pad I made from sheets of interlocking 3/8 foam pads that come in 2 foot by two foot sizes.

00079D5D-E29E-4AC7-9D1A-F0F8A15487E2.jpeg
D8A4692A-2484-4CF3-8195-FCB910D7565E.jpeg
954C28CE-E639-455C-B4AB-29E307EA5110.jpeg
1A3E323D-B2BA-4F24-B32F-CDD45E461738.jpeg

Wow! Thanks Keith and JB.!!
I've been struggling with how to convert my vacuum wipers over to electric . I've never heard of Newport ,so i googled them ,and sure enough they sell a conversion motor for my lincoln that hooks directly to the funky cable drive.(y) I even lucked out mounting my ECU. It will just miss the motor. Now to just find those holes for all the pulleys in my smoothed firewall lol.

Wow! Thanks Keith and JB.!!
I've been struggling with how to convert my vacuum wipers over to electric . I've never heard of Newport ,so i googled them ,and sure enough they sell a conversion motor for my lincoln that hooks directly to the funky cable drive.(y) I even lucked out mounting my ECU. It will just miss the motor. Now to just find those holes for all the pulleys in my smoothed firewall lol.
Lee. I have Newport in my 52 Chevy and used them in two other old cars. Bolt in, US made, great instructions. Highly recommend.

Mine was also vacuum operated cable system. Those stupid cables fit on several different ways..but only one way won’t leave it looking like a bag of snakes..I got my cables all figured out then I mounted the motor. I had to make a very minor adjustment to the mount but that was it..they work great..also highly recommend. You won’t be sorry.