Wire loom

Taggart29

Supporting Member
Hey guys, I wanted a nice clean woven loom for the wiring on my Satellite and I found this, it’s super nice, it’s side entry so you can slip it on to existing harnesses, it’s also formed to its diameter so after you open it, it springs back. It’s melt temp is 482f. Which is also great.
Check out the site, they’re out of Ont, great to deal with, they have lots of other looms and stuff as well. Their tech sheets on their products are awesome as well.
FYI I haven’t use this product before but it looks great and their pricing is also great. I’ll post a picture once I have a harness done.

I once bought something like that of off Amazon. I rewired a old lamp and I wanted to cover the new wire. Worked and looked great. It was made up of some kind of plastics. I wanted to seal the ends so they wouldn’t unravel. We did it on nylon rope all the time. As soon as I lit it the flame ran down the covering and I couldn’t get snuff it out. Ended up pulling the whole thing off and stomping on it....I don’t think yours would be made of plastic for a engine but just a heads up..

Interesting. Not cheap but innovative.
Keith, when you open the link it defaults to a 200’ roll.
For 75’ of the 1/2” it’s $66. Which I didn’t think was too bad.
Would like to know what other kinds people have used.

I have used the F6 for all of my projects along with some fix ups on friends vehicles!!!! The last of which is a 47 Willys jeep truck that I replaced all the wiring in with an American Autowire 15 circuit kit from Hortons!!!!
I originally found it in Florida from a company called Cable Organizer but with the dollar and shipping it got kinda ridiculously expensive!!!!!!
We found a local marine outlet that carries the 1/2" in stock @ $1.49/ft.
The super link to a Canadian supplier is awesome and I called them yesterday to confirm that the pricing is in Canadian $$$!!!! The lady I was speaking with said I should check out their Kable Kontrol line https://www.cabletiesandmore.ca/wrap-around-braided-sleeving?pid=3165 and 50' is on sale for $40.14 which is $0.80/ft and they have other sizes available!!!!!!!!
I also see they have shrink style tape available to finish off the ends which would be great on existing wiring vs removing a connector to use shrink tubing!!!!!!

This is the stuff I used. It’s gives a size that will fit through it. Not a chance. You would need double the size listed to get the wire in it..Don’t buy this type.
026C9AD4-B60A-463C-98A7-F6F370E493D6.jpeg

Keith, when you open the link it defaults to a 200’ roll.
For 75’ of the 1/2” it’s $66. Which I didn’t think was too bad.
Would like to know what other kinds people have used.
I was reading that wrong also. It does look like a good deal. And better pricing than the cheap PA stuff (y) Thanks for the link.

I will be using this type of braided wire loom from Performance World Parts.

Quick View

There is a matching heat shrink tubing too to seal the ends or whatever,
Better than using electrical tape.

Quick View

Both products have various sizes and lengths.

Last edited:
My experience with using these looms is what ever length you think you need double it!!! o_O
As an example on the 47 jeep truck I had the owner pick up 40 ft. of 1/2" and there wasn't enough to finish up under the dash!!
Just ordered a bunch from Cable Ties for stock ($350) worth thanks to the links here!:cool:
I have started the F1 redo and will be adding more looms inside the doors and under the dash!