When is hard..too hard..

JohnnyBgood

Supporting Member
I know it’s better for a tranny to shift hard instead of a soft shift. So mine will chirp the tires between first and second about 50% of the time under normal acceleration. I would rather it didn’t but I haven’t found that sweet spot in the adjustments yet. Question is ..So how hard is too hard and how soft is too soft?…

Sorry couldn't help myself . lol Screenshot 2021-07-21 at 08-53-53 Check this out for a laugh or two, actually, hundreds now .jpg but that sounds a bit too agressive . What trans and do you have a shift kit ?

700r4. ..Kevlar clutches…3000 stall…can’t remember if there’s a shift kit….ill say yes…10 years ago it was built…but my memory only goes back a few months….

Rear gears ? Big car with hp , everything needs to be in sinc . As far as I can tell you have too much cable pressure . I'm not sure what you have for adjustments . If this is an old school td cable you need to lengthen it until it is where you like but if you have a street strip type shift kit you are going to have to decide between hard shifts and wear .

3:73 rear gears…has a Lokar cable and bracket set up. Kind of a pain in the ass to set. Didn’t have any instructions to set it up so I turned to the net. Says to pull the cable out as far as it goes and tighten down the set screw. Make small adjustments on the bracket adjustment setup. I can handle the car lurching forward on the hard shift but I’m going to move it back one more time just a hair to try and get rid of the tire chirping.

Turned the knob on the cable just a hair. No chirping but still lurching forward from first to second on the shift. Think that’s as good as I’m going to get it.