What will 2021 summer look like

shaune

Supporting Member
So I see autoevents.ca is posted and there is a lot of blanks, or cancellations. Draggins have cancelled their Easter show understandably. I see Shifters are still going with their A&W cruise nights but I don’t see Rock 102 weekend listed. My summer work schedule is coming out and I always pick the schedule that works around the auto events I want to attend......guess not this year. Boating and cabin again ...... i can handle that too.

I hope I'll be looking at it through an old windshield, but I doubt I'll be going very far. I'd like to go to the Inliners 50th anniversary in Carson City in September, but I'll be surprised if the boarder is open and It'll be covid safe down there by then.

I think that things will be very subdued for some time yet. The sheer logistics of vaccinating the population will mean that it is going to take quite some time to complete. I wouldn’t see things changing until the vast majority of the population are vaccinated.

Long as can afford a tank a gas I won't have any trouble finding something to do!!
7dcc5781c472f7a34c9cff802866eae4.jpg
IMG_20200911_121415.jpg
Kayak Fred dam Sept 2020HDR.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_20200916_191856.jpg
    IMG_20200916_191856.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
I can still drive my old junk and really looking back at last year I did not miss attending any car show/park and sit events. It is good to have a destination drive.

Yes a destination or in my case a route.
The motorcycle pic is part of a loop that takes me 6ish hrs on some of the best riding I've ever done.
I enter very few shows, 1 maybe two a year. Life is too short to be parked for long. I will use Sassy to drive to a show, walk the show and go cruisin.
Fred

. Life is too short to be parked for long. I will use Sassy to drive to a show, walk the show and go cruisin.
Fred
I can relate to that. I don't spend much time in a show, let alone to keep dusting Black Betty.
Feather dusters/swifters and lawn chairs are for the LTC home.

I think summer will look like last summer (at least here). In Ontario, there are 6 levels of public health measures: Green, yellow, orange, red, grey and lockdown.

Even if we hit green at some point, it still mandates smaller gathering sizes, restaurant restrictions, etc.

We have a pretty large event here called Autofest (in Oshawa). They have announced August dates with no particulars. They usually attract 1300 cars (with the border open). I really don't see how it could be feasible with the broader vaccine schedule the way it is.

Oh well, Judy and I did a lot of just country side crusin' around last year.

Last edited:
We ( Manitoba ) have been keeping our case count quite low giving me some optimism for out door activities at the least . I very much doubt it will be back to " business as usual " this year . There were some small local show n shines around last year but were not advertised for fear of liability-fines . I was told about one by a guy that said " Rawhides will not be having a show this year , it will not be on the 26'th , it does not start at 10 am , and they won't be selling hamburgers ". lol

I much prefer cruising around too.

We have a biggish event in a June (winter here) and that is forecast to go ahead but I’m not sure it will. Even though our case numbers are very low I can’t see how they can risk it until we get the vast majority vaccinated. That is not going to be reality until much later in the year.

I think there will be a lot more car stuff to do on the Island this summer. Most people will have at least their 1st vaccine shot by June & the ferries are supposed to ease travel restrictions after the May long w.e. Impromptu runs & gatherings are starting already so IMO there will be sunshine !

Attachments

• fords 2014 020.JPG
    fords 2014 020.JPG
    75.1 KB · Views: 58