Super run 2019

shaune

Supporting Member
Super Run 2019 in Brandon is open for business now. I tried the online registration and seems to have worked. This year they are having a section for vintage camper trailers and I see a snowmobile registration too.

My wife asked me about the snowmobiles... is it quite a bit cooler there than Red Deer that weekend?? Is there something we should consider before buying our passes and booking the time off?
I have pipelined across the lower part of the province, thought it was pretty decent.

I'm going for the whole week.
I grew up about 30 miles from Brandon, and my wife 50 miles; so I can do car stuff and she can visit family in one swoop.;)

Made it to Brandon this evening....freakin hot 31 degrees. Car ran fine all day today ...dunno what happened yesterday. Not seeing a lot of cars yet around the city....a few but I thought it would be more. Saw no one from Saskatoon to Brandon on the highway. 3 cars I did recognize being from Saskatoon so far. Might run this old heap through the safety lane here, got a clunk going on I don't like....sigh.

Well Super Run 2019 is done and it was alright. It did run a week but the big show was Saturday and Sunday so I don’t know anything on how the earlier events were.
The venue was very nice, lots of grass, lots of trees, little dust when cars were moving around. The entrance fee was a bit steep for what we got....a sticker and dash plate. The supper was extra. There was no place to go indoors. So I’m not sure what the entrance fee paid for.
I heard 600 cars for Saturday, Sunday was much less. Seemed like a lot of Chrysler stuff, not too many “rat rods” or tuners. The swap meet was not a big deal, car coral was slim pickings on Saturday I think I saw maybe 8 ....might have been more as not everyone had signs. Food trucks were 3 and I think 2 were more ice cream themed.
I had my vintage trailer registered but left it in Saskatoon when I had that hiccup....glad I did as the trailers were shown in a little side park. It was a nice location but away from he main bunch.
I was hoping to see some cruising on the streets each evening and granted I don’t know Brandon but I figured the Main Street would be the spot but there was nothing. Plenty of police presence was noted.
Weather was screaming hot Saturday and then just hot Sunday.
They used Facebook for all their events posting but I heard complaints about that, but I had no issues with that.
Met my mom and dad their for the weekend with his Little Red Express so we had a nice visit. Over all a nice weekend. Pictures in a day or 2 when I get home.

Last edited: