Street Rod Insurance

kgrods

I need some direction here guys........I have an appraissal from an accredited appraisser and now need to get some insurance. Any recommendations? Hagerty was at the top of my list but they have no agents in Sask. AVIVA said no as the car was too customized....WHAT??? The only real customization(?) was a 2.5" chop. Help!!!!!

I need some direction here guys........I have an appraissal from an accredited appraisser and now need to get some insurance. Any recommendations? Hagerty was at the top of my list but they have no agents in Sask. AVIVA said no as the car was too customized....WHAT??? The only real customization(?) was a 2.5" chop. Help!!!!!

I got a quote from Hagerty and it was way higher than Silver Wheels or other's like it. There is a bunch of plans that are priced at $10 per $1000 value (minimum of $100 premium) for just occasional use. They change the names of plans alot also.
Aviva did not insure my bike as it was customized.

Maybe try these guys to see if they have an agent
http://www.brokerlink.ca/

Sask. has compulsory provincial government vehicle insurance much the same as British Columbia I think. :confused:

I think there are two different critters in this cat fight.:)

Not sure of my info because it tends to be a bit of a moving target, the rules keep changing depending on who you talk to, but my understanding in B.C. is that you must buy your “pink slip” liability (people and cars that you hurt) from the government, but where you purchase the comprehensive (glass, paint and theft) or the collision damage insurance for your car is optional, either with the government plan or with second party private insurers.

It appears that with ICBC collision insurance on an old car you cannot pre-set value with an appraisal, but must prove after the fact with receipts and the appraisal and in most cases to get any satisfaction you must start legal action.

A third part insurer is by so much per thousand dollars of coverage.

Not sure if this is the same in Sask. :)

I have had excellent luck and success with Competition Insurance out of Calgary. They also have a Edmonton branch.

I am not sure why AVIVA is refusing to insure.My appraissal lists custom exhaust ,intake,air cleaner,seats,and so on but in reality its just off the shelf items.My appraiser also recommended AVIVA .Two different brokers(they both had inside buddies) submitted my info to them so I beleive I am a marked man now and AVIVA seems to be the only insurer in Sk. So....................hence my predicament.
In Sk we are kinda sorta like BC. Not really sure of the details.

My HRT is classed as a mild custom. I am with Competition Insurance in Calgary using the Silver Wheel plan thats is administered by Hagerty and backed by Aviva.

Figure that one out.

There has to be someone in Saskatchewan that can provide an agreed-to value policy over and above the compulsory govt insurance.

Hope none of you guys ever have to make a claim with Aviva. Had an 03 silverado stolen . took three months of arguing with them to pay out on a policy with replacement value. they wouldn't even return a call for almost 2 months . not a big deal seeing I only use the truck to make a living. Then I had to endure one bold face lie after the other to the bitter end , knowing all along that there was only one truck in ontario that could replace it. then they tried to get me to pay for extra option's. This would of been 2004 and I can truly say that I can forgive who ever stole my truck but id still beat them to death for having to deal with Aviva.

If you have a fresh appraisal you can get a stated value policy from sgi by taking the appraisal to your agent and have them send it in to give you a quote . I have done this on both my cars . If you what your premium a little higher . you can ask for a higher deaductable .

Hope none of you guys ever have to make a claim with Aviva. Had an 03 silverado stolen . took three months of arguing with them to pay out on a policy with replacement value. they wouldn't even return a call for almost 2 months . not a big deal seeing I only use the truck to make a living. Then I had to endure one bold face lie after the other to the bitter end , knowing all along that there was only one truck in ontario that could replace it. then they tried to get me to pay for extra option's. This would of been 2004 and I can truly say that I can forgive who ever stole my truck but id still beat them to death for having to deal with Aviva.

Slim makes and excellent point. IMO, cost of the premium is secondary to a companies track record with claims. They are all your friend when you are paying the premium. Buying an insurance policy based only on the cost of the premium is like buying a car without seeing the car OR pictures but based only on the price.