Sterling Swap Meet

58chev

Supporting Member
This weekend May 3-4th

Anyone from here going?

I'll be out that way for the weekend will be heading there first thing Saturday morning.

Is there 2 car shows going on this weekend in the same area?.

If memory serves me correct, the one I went to last year was held at the Lindsay Exhibition Grounds. Went on the Sunday and there wasn't much happening. I was told that Saturday was the better day. Is this the same show you're referring to?.

Hopefully the weather stays nice. I originally heard it was going to rain all weekend but now it looks like "scattered showers" with sunshine. Let's hope

The original Sterling group moved up to Lindsay last year and yes both are held on the same weekend.

The original Sterling group moved up to Lindsay last year and yes both are held on the same weekend.

Which one is better?. How do you get to the show you're referring to?.

So far it's looking like it's going to be wet this weekend.

Last year was the first year for the swap meet at Lindsay. Its held at the Lindsay fairgrounds. It was pretty good last year. Not terribly big, but there are both indoor and outdoor vendors, camping available onsite, cars for sale and a car show. Part of the success last year was due to the excellent weather all weekend. This year probably won't be as good, because of the weather forecast for this weekend. I'll probably head up there on Sunday morning, because its looking like the better of the 2 days.

Well.... I came back from the Lindsay show. Decided to take a chance with that one. Not very many cars on display. Not too many for sale either. Lots of junk for sale in the muddy field. Took a stroll through the building and seen lots of interesting stuff. If I knew the old K-cars were worth such big money today.. I'd have kept mine. Late 80s New Yorker. $6,000. :eek:

Never bothered going to Sterling. The weather was crap.

Sterling turned out to be a good showing. Weather stayed dry till about 10:30 am, the grounds were surprisingly dry also.

5 Bux to get in.
Only a few empty vendor spots, Rain was forecast for the whole day.

Found a few things for my 58.

Sterling turned out to be a good showing. Weather stayed dry till about 10:30 am, the grounds were surprisingly dry also.

5 Bux to get in.
Only a few empty vendor spots, Rain was forecast for the whole day.

Found a few things for my 58.

Really?. Somebody I was talking to today was saying that show was a dud. I think the weather chased a lot of people away on Saturday. I should have gone back Sunday but didn't have time.