Rockglen

shaune

Supporting Member
On my way tomorrow to Rockglen Sk for a little show. Meeting my dad and a couple other guys from Ontario there. No idea on the size of this show. I am assuming one of the Ontarians has a hometown connection to Rockglen. My dad said hey lets meet there.
First drive of the year and its gonna be a 800 mile round trip for me.

Taking the Stang.....starting to have second thoughts on this one. Its a loooong drive. Yorkton would have been better :(
I will take pictures. I assume Bob will be there with one from his fleet.

Shaune I plan to be there as well, and another couple guys from our car club in Assiniboia. I'll be there with my 31 Plymouth coupe. Weather forecast good here but just be carefull 30kms south of our town as some repair/sealing is/was done.That is a long ride for a show n shine! Looking forward to meeting you.

Hey kgrods, I appreciate the highway status info....good to know....my original windshield is fearful of the Saskatchewan highway repair methods. Any alternative route thoughts ?
I will the shorter fat bald guy, 68 mustang convertible, white, black stripes (most likely more than one mustang will be there)

Sorry #2 Hwy best route in/out. My fellow club member friend/rodder also works for hwys and said that they were giving extra attention to the repairs so here's hoping......

Well there was over 100 cars / trucks there. .....some magazine quality and surprisingly long distance cruisers, so it was a great s& s for Rockglen. Got to meet some fellow Canadian Rodders too, hats off to Shaune and his wife for making the long drive down. Hope to meet up again.

Well that was a rushed weekend, 1100 miles in a noisy, loose, convertible plunked on a stock Mustang seat. NOTE to self.....get rid of them seats and buy 2 comfy ones.
Nice place that Rockglen area, met kgrods....nice car, nice guy.
So 9 hours of driving, saw my folks for 4 hours then they pulled stakes and headed east again.....I must not be favourite son anymore :D.
Saw a couple cars from south of the border....Montana.
Nice little show, have a look.....

image.jpg3_zpsicwgf3bo.jpg

image.jpg4_zpstga3xm4l.jpg

There was some real horsepower there, came in for the sights, rode through and then left...

image.jpg2_zpsaarym4lm.jpg

The one was my dad's, the other his buddy from Steinbach...

image.jpg1_zpsmebexpja.jpg

One of the guys from Kenora....

image.jpg1_zpsqncmguly.jpg

The other from Kenora, show winner, a high end ride. Built by a shop in Winnipeg.

image.jpg2_zpsqtbokdm1.jpg

Thanks for posting the pics of your long trip.

I like the small town shows, different type of vehicles and people.

One thing I found amusing was walking down the street....main street....a whole pile of spent .22 shells scattered on the sidewalk....hmmmmm :confused:
Yes, Bob and Trina were there, more nice folks, invited us back to his secret lair....niiiiice place.

Thanks for the pic's, looks like an interesting place and some nice rides there, I guess the good thing is they were only 22 shells :D.