Replacing trunk lid rubber weather seal

Here’s mine.
DA721AB6-A3ED-4691-AA9C-370F4F1B6241.jpeg
0528FA77-64AB-4D64-AD0C-F519025EFCE0.jpeg

Having looked at yours I think you would be good with the bottom flat section and the side of the lip opposite the taped side..

That’s pretty close to what I have. I was thinking the same, glue it on the two sides you suggest.

Thanks for your help so far. It was kind of random. Some places seemed to be glued on 3 sides and other 2 or 1 side. On the side across the back window it was glued on 3 sides but one side (toward the window) pulled away from the metal. This is kind or why I’m having some difficulty trying to figure out the best way to glue it in.

when I did mine I went on the theory that I’ve never had a seal fail because I glued it too well. I have had them fail because I didn’t or couldn’t get enough adhesive on. just my thoughts.

It’s in👍😄. Wasn’t too bad. I had to get my wife to help. It took about an hour and a half to install. Most of the time was waiting for the adhesive to get tacky. I started at the top left. Then across the top in two stages, then down either side in two stages, then across the bottom. Again in two stages. The tape with the registration marks helped to prevent the seal from being stretched. Now to leave it for 24 hours minimum to allow for adhesive curing time. I’m don’t think I needed the tape to hold it in place but put it on anyway. Thanks to all who commented. Your comments and advice were very helpful.

Attachments

• E5E15A13-9194-4479-8969-CB2F417BDD8F.jpeg
    E5E15A13-9194-4479-8969-CB2F417BDD8F.jpeg
    106.3 KB · Views: 62
That looks great..nice job...feels good to do it yourself eh....like your upholstered trunk panels too....

Last edited:
Thanks. It isn’t perfect but if it was people wouldn’t think I installed it 😄😄